Whats on the pit for Christmas dinner???

At this point it looks like three double smoked hams and three turkeys. Just pulled the cheese & formed ham off the smoker for gift bags later this week.

Well looks im not smokin anything,I moved this weekend and went back to get my pit.Somebody stole it,so now I gotta try to find a cheap one before friday:mad2::mad2:.It ruined my night.

Standing Rib Roast here as well. Then I get to do it again the third week in Jan when my son comes home from his deployment in Africa. We get to do Christmas again with him.

My FIL is doing a ham & everything else but I was thinking of contributing a fatty or two. Just devirginized myself with fatties & Moinks this last weekend & they went over well. (Ya, I know I left myself wide open for harassment with that last sentence!) What are Hasselbeck potatoes?

Not to be a grinch but......my own arse is on the pit this Christmas lol. I LOVE my job but it is one of those in our world that must go on, through hell or high water...or Christmas weekend. Working one 8 and two 12 hour shifts on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night. No BBQ for me :) Enjoy your Christmas everyone, and say a prayer for the safety of those who will be on duty, both here and abroad, this Christmas weekend. Cheers! (hope none of this sounded too much like a bitch session, it really wasn't :) ) Merry Christmas Brethren!!!

Just bought my 40lb whole hog that I'm cooking in la caja china. Being that Cubans celebrate more on the 24th, Noche Buena, than they do on actual Christmas.

I'm doing Yuca, rice with home made black beans, and platano maduros.

Just bought my 40lb whole hog that I'm cooking in la caja china. Being that Cubans celebrate more on the 24th, Noche Buena, than they do on actual Christmas.

I'm doing Yuca, rice with home made black beans, and platano maduros.
That sounds great right their

Brisket and burnt ends with a fatty for Christmas eve for at my SIL house. Christmas day a sirloin roast, sliced thin with some Italian seasoning to make Italian beef with the smokey flavor.

Last edited:
Thinking about trying a beef clod/shoulder for Christmas. Depends on when we get home from San Diego though.

Well looks im not smokin anything,I moved this weekend and went back to get my pit.Somebody stole it,so now I gotta try to find a cheap one before friday:mad2::mad2:.It ruined my night.

That sucks, sorry to hear it.

I have no idea...

Going to KC to visit my sister, BIL, and the kids. Gave the BIL a WSM for his birthday, but I don't think he's even put it together. If I'm lucky I'll get to break her in.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Looks like a standing rib roast right now. our dinner list just went from 3 to 6, maybe 7, so will have to get a nice big one! Still mulling over sides and dessert though

Gonna brine a small turkey and smoke it on the newly completed uds and I'll do a spiral ham and a big pot of Nawlins gumbo. Ummm um!
Happy Holidays everyone!

Back