What's on the menu for Christmas??

The family has spoken - It will be Porterhouse steaks, baked potatoe, cornbread, spinach souffle, etc, etc. Wife is making 5 flavor pound cake ala mode for dessert!

Hey Ernie, I get a ham like a "Smithfield" smoked ham. I got a whole one today for $30.00 they also sell half hams. I cut all the skin and heavy fat off and rub it with a good rub. I use Texas BBQ Rub Original or Wild and a put it on as heavy as I can. It's sweet and spicy. I pop it in the smoker for 3 or 4 hours at 250 untill it's heated through and the rub is crusty. Man it's good stuff. Enjoy!

Sounds good ZILLA, and simple too! I was checking out your pics of the Gator Pit, I am jealous...Very nice.

12lb packer 'skit,10lb picnic shoulder,elk/deer sausage,2fatties,abt's,smoked au graten taters, & gb casserole. oh yeah- my queso for snacking. gonna be a long day....:lol:

12lb packer 'skit,10lb picnic shoulder,elk/deer sausage,2fatties,abt's,smoked au graten taters, & gb casserole. oh yeah- my queso for snacking. gonna be a long day....:lol:

Man, sounds good....Got room for a few more people:?::wink:.

Prime rib, baked Yukon gold taters, and cauliflower gratin for Christmas eve.

Double smoked ham, gb casserole, garlic smashed taters for Christmas day.

Shrimp cocktail, pickled herring, smoked oysters, and a plethora of other snacks all weekend.

Brother Jack (surname Daniels) and I will get together a bit also.

I do enjoy the holidays.

Prime rib, baked Yukon gold taters, and cauliflower gratin for Christmas eve.

Double smoked ham, gb casserole, garlic smashed taters for Christmas day.

Shrimp cocktail, pickled herring, smoked oysters, and a plethora of other snacks all weekend.

Brother Jack (surname Daniels) and I will get together a bit also.

I do enjoy the holidays.

Hey Kevin dont go hogging Brother Jack now, I would like to see him too ya know:wink: We miss him alot..Sounds like a great menu!

Back