THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The meats are a bit pricey and the cuts a bit on the smallish side, but it ain't all that bad IMO. I have been gifted with some over the years and as stated before, hey, it is free and most likely the person who sent it to you meant well. I always save the styrofoam box it comes in as it is handy for coolering stuff and even useful for sending your own bbq to friends far away. There is a store on LI so if I get a gift card, I use it there to help avoid the pesky contacts as Omaha is very aggressive with marketing.
(I made individual beef wellingtons one year with the filet mignons I got, not bad at all.)
Enjoy.

Gore hit the "Thanks" button on this post, but only because I know bigabyte's real name and where he lives, and I don't know Gore's real name, and where he lives is useless without a name. It's nice to have an accomplice when you push a man under a bus.

CD :becky:

I know what Gore's name is. And with a quick search of property records on Google...

sell the card on ebay for $80 and then use the cash at your local butcher would be my suggestion.... never been impressed by their product.

They irradiate their beef, so if you're one for rare food this is a safer choice. Safer, not guaranteed.

I have a local store so get their sampler bundles when on sale sometimes. I've enjoyed the top sirloin, burgers... the frozen twice-baked potatoes are good when you're inclined for a quickie side rather than make your own. The dogs are nice!

I am not familiar with any of their products.

I am also not familiar with Kansas City Steaks either, but won a $100 gift certificate from them last spring.

Finally pulled the trigger and used it last week.

Ordered a USDA Prime ribroast for Christmas dinner.
Or as I like to call it: prime prime rib

One shot, one roast, one hundred bucks

Ill post up what arrives in the mail box and the results of the cook.

It has been a very long time since I have had anything from Omaha Steaks. Last I recall, the reviews on quality were down and I always thought they were over-priced. If I do recall, I seem to remember that people still liked their sausages and franks and such. Since you have a local store at least you can see what you are getting before you buy.

Oh, and for mailing purposes, remember it is Overland Park and not Overland Fark for biggie :thumb:

$100 gift card for free, you fortunate dog. Everyone will have there own opinion.
If it was me I'd just use it and then decide for my self. And yes we have had Omaha a couple times in the past our biggest complaint was pricy for ok not great food.

Back