What would you like in an ultimate kitchen?

Harbormaster said:
My dream kitchen would have counter tops that wouldn't let my wifes crap pile up on them. Last night I had about 1.5 sq ft of countertop to prepare my supper.

Hey, I resemble that remark.

And multiple sinks. One just for food prep with a disposal, a hand wash sink with infrared valves so you don't have to touch the faucets to wash your hands.

Double wall ovens at a comfortable height.

Dustaway said:
here are a couple of island ideas

Equipment list is :
Infrared grill, refegerator, propane storage, wine cooler, wood storage, off-set smoker

DAMN--I am jealous!

What an area!

TIM

I want a kitchen that's thoroughly water proof, with a big drain and garbage disposal on the floor.
Walk out, flip a switch, and the whole place gets sprayed down and self cleaned.

bbqjoe said:
I want a kitchen that's thoroughly water proof, with a big drain and garbage disposal on the floor.
Walk out, flip a switch, and the whole place gets sprayed down and self cleaned.

UH--I think Tim Taylor had one on the "Tool Time" show :lol:

TIM

Ideas

Two dishwashers are a good idea, but think about raising one of them about 18" off the floor....easier to load and unload. One type of sink to look at is a Swanstone sink. Deeper than a normal SS, and it cleans up with comet (I like the lemon scented myself...). The seperate fridge/freezer is a great way to go, but if you cannot do that, make sure you get a bottom freezer model. Electric oven - make sure it is convection. How about a seperate undercounter icemaker? They make the kind that does not need a drain.

Just a few thoughts....

ronnyballgame said:
How about a seperate undercounter icemaker? They make the kind that does not need a drain.

Just a few thoughts....

Now we're talking. Would need to be high output.

I also want a fridge cold enough to freeze vodka, so I can make cubes.

bbqjoe said:

I heard about a restroom like that in Japan! No chit, so to speak.:cool:

the Original Hot Dog Shop in Oakland, PA (Pittsburgh) has a bathroom like that... completely stainless everything.. Just open the door and spray it down... drain is in the floor.

cmcadams said:
A cook's sink near the stove... These are inset in the counter and include a heating element and collander so you can boil right in the sink, then just open the drain to get rid of the water. Secondary to that would be an articulated faucet above the stove.

I gotta get out more. I never even new such things existed!

Great thoughts here Curt, I think we are on much the same wave length when it comes to a dream kitchen.

bbqjoe said:

Joe - you are a GOTDAMM genius!
Concrete/ceramic floor, walls, & countertops (that are specially treated so my wifes crap doesn't pile up on them), sinks, cabinets and cupboards made out of Corian, waterproof outlet covers, stainless appliances. OMG!!! You could even put your dirty dishes in a rack on the floor or counter, and the damn things would wash when the room does!! I think I'm sporting wood thinking about it!!

Harbormaster said:
countertops (that are specially treated so my wifes crap doesn't pile up on them),

Think armor all with your counter tops on a slant. Put that chit on a motorcycle seat sometime if you want a thrill.

Back