What weed burner do I need for my UDS build

Mred21

Knows what a fatty is.
The tax man came by with a bit of money for my family. I am going to order a few things from Amazon a Maverick et 732 a couple of cooker thermometers and a weed burner. In all the posts about builds I can't find any info on what weed burner to get there is a ton of them.

I think most get a harbor freight style weed burner. I'm in the market for one too and shopping at amazon is easier for me so I might copy your purchase. :)

I don't think you can go wrong with the one they sell at Northern Tool or Harbor Freight. We do have a Harbor freight unit that has something wrong with the valve. Still works, just takes a little finessing. Northern Tool model slightly larger, still running fine after 3 years.

I probably would steer away from paying for the igniter models. Its really not a big deal lighting them with a Bic

Watch for sales

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200584783_200584783

http://www.harborfreight.com/propane-torch-91033.html

All I have seen on here are the ones from HF too. Mine works really well.

I use the harbor freight cheapo.

The only other ones ive seen are for commercial roofing and are a bit overkill

I have two different Harbor Freight models. The one with the igniter and the one without. The Igniter is not worth the little extra money because after the first major burn it quit working, I think the tip gets burned off by the heat and doesn't spark anymore. the torch still works very well, I just have to light it myself...

Ditto.....Harbor Freight cheap one. Just a word of caution....if it shows ANY problems...like something might be coming lose that you can't fix by tightening....get rid of it IMMEDIATELY. I got lazy and said "..I'll replace it soon..." and the farker blew up one day. Scary didn't cover it....

I've had the Harbor Freight one with the igniter for about 18 months and it works like a champ.

+1 I have the same unit and it works great. BTW my tip for using the igniter is to reduce your gas flow, substantially before attempting to ignite. Also, gloves, long sleeves, a hat, and eye protection recommended.

+1 I have the same unit and it works great. BTW my tip for using the igniter is to reduce your gas flow, substantially before attempting to ignite. Also, gloves, long sleeves, a hat, and eye protection recommended.

Yes Yes Yes, just crack the dial on the handle and it will light every time.

I used HF and burned a couple pallets in it. Still didn't get my liner out. Sandblasting is the way to go.

I've had the Harbor Freight one with the igniter for about 18 months and it works like a champ.

Bingo! Me too.

Great tip on reducing gas flow Mahenryak. :thumb:

Back