THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I hear ya, Woodman. Sometimes, I don't even use the thermos, or check them very often anyway. I haven't really checked to see if the Klose thermos need to be calibrated....I can usually tell what's happening by the look of the fire, feel of the pit, sounds, color of the food and the smoke, smells, etc.....

I try and keep it to 225-250. Heck, I am doing good just to try and keep it within that range! Still working on fire control here on the Bandera even with Spicewine's firebasket.

backyardchef said:
I can usually tell what's happening by the look of the fire, feel of the pit, sounds, color of the food and the smoke, smells, etc.....

Well La Di Da

backyardchef said:
I hear ya, Woodman. Sometimes, I don't even use the thermos, or check them very often anyway. I haven't really checked to see if the Klose thermos need to be calibrated....I can usually tell what's happening by the look of the fire, feel of the pit, sounds, color of the food and the smoke, smells, etc.....

Psychic Chef Mod

I like to stay in the 225-230 range but if it climbs higher i dont really care. Dont start messing with dampers and such unless it gets in the 260-270 range

Back