THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When it comes to Brisket, I am more concerned if I can find a packer with a thick flat. It tends to yield a better finished product for the cut, So I am looking for that more than weight size...butts usually run 8-10 lbs.

Ok guys, I've got a 7-9lb boneless butt a friend of mine gave to me to cook.:lol: I'm not sure how to cook it where I can get it off the grill and it doesn't fall apart. I have a roasting rack i can set it on with a drip pan under it. What internal temp should I pull it off and foil it? They were looking for it last week but I was just too worn out to do it. I thawed it so now I'm committed:-o Any help welcomed

After yesterday's cook I'm going to say an 8# flat. I usually buy the 12-14 lb. whole packers at Wallyworld because I like to make burnt ends from the point. Friday night I smoked the 8# flat from Sam's and it was some of the best brisket I ever ate let alone cooked myself. The main difference I noticed is that the flats from Sam's tend to be thicker all the way across than the flats from a whole packer.

we've had pretty good luck with 10-12 briskets.
7-8 on boneless butts.

coach: wrap at 160.
It won't fall apart until you get close to 195.

Back