What kind to use

WineMaster

Babbling Farker
Gonna finish off this years camping season this weekend and want to make Fish Tacos. Thinking of using a Flour, Egg Wash & Panko Bread crumb coating.

What fish do you guys use. I was thinking Cat-Fish.
Also does any-one have a good Sauce.

Thanks Dan

I use Tilapia, works good for us. Don't use sauce, but instead we use pico di gallo

Pico, like Mike said. And personally, I'd grill a firm-fleshed saltwater fish

I love fish tacos. I like the suggetion of grilling a nice firm saltwater fish. I've used yellowtail or even Mahi. Depending on what is available in your area. As for a sauce I use a blend of 1/2 cup of mayo and 1/2 cup of plain yogurt for the white sauce and then I make my own salsa. Pico is a great choice if you like the flavor. As for the fish coating (if you are going to fry) I like a beer batter. Top with shredded cabbage.

mick

When I make Fish tacos, I like to use Rock Fish of some sort, but Ive made do with catfish nuggets or ( my fave) halibut cheeks. I bread with a batter of flour, corn meal, milk, baking powder, Water and YES... Mountain Dew. It seems to help the batter fluff up. My son was being a smart ass one nite and I made it that way, so he woudl have to eat it..been doing it that way ever since

I generally make Mayo from Scratch, you know the egg yolk and oil routine. I season it with Chili powder, Lime Juice, Cumin and some Tabasco... never any left over.

I'm with the Tilapia crowd.

Aswell as the pico..

DSC_0041-1.jpg

All FRESH

Tomatoes
Onions
Cilantro
Garlic
Jalapeno
Lime juice
salt
pepper

another vote for rock fish (snapper, chile peppers, etc), i like mayo thinned with cream (or milk) and guacamole toppings

Back