What in the world are judges thinking

judge

I judged my first contest a couple of weeks ago and was shocked as well! We got done with chicken and all the judges at the table said well that was all really good looking and tasting chicken. One judge was a master as well. I could have fallen off my chair I was so shocked! It all looked BAD. They also did not have enough kcbs judges so they grabbed people walking by, which really upset me as a competior.
I am by no means a seasoned judge or competior but something has got to change! There needs to be way more management at tables. I know there are some great judges out there but the guys that were at my table were there for the free meal!

It seems to me that if a judge scores lower for legs being put in the box instead of thighs he or she is guilty of not judging as presented. If ya get thighs judge them fairly and if ya get legs do the same. Having a preconcieved notion of what should be in the box is close minded and not fair to those that think outside of the box. Makes ya wonder if these same judges score down if there are no burnt ends

It seems to me that if a judge scores lower for legs being put in the box instead of thighs he or she is guilty of not judging as presented. If ya get thighs judge them fairly and if ya get legs do the same. Having a preconcieved notion of what should be in the box is close minded and not fair to those that think outside of the box. Makes ya wonder if these same judges score down if there are no burnt ends
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:icon_shy

Back