What happened in Myrtle Beach?

It is true.....with all the problems in the previous posts on this thread....they actually put stop payments on two checks given to us as winnings. There is another thread on the BBQ Brethern about it.

It is a common known fact that the 2 reps for this contest are not the most respected. With all of the problems at rhis contest, KCBS will have to do something to save face and to maintain integery of the origination.. Without integery you have nothing. I was there and 90% of what is posted here is truth with our experiences similar to others.

Please go to the KCBS website and fill out a comment sheet about the contest to voice your opinion. There are questions about things not discussed here that the reps or the contest should have done. Please tell your fellow cook teams that do not frequent the boards to do the same.

One thing that people seem to have forgotten regarding the Reps. The problems were identified and corrected. THAT alone is the purpose of the Reps. The fact that SOME screw ups may have happened is understandable...crap happens, but I am glad the Reps corrected everything. Having every single contest go without flaws is a wonderful goal but sometimes, things just do not go as planned!

One thing that people seem to have forgotten regarding the Reps. The problems were identified and corrected. THAT alone is the purpose of the Reps. The fact that SOME screw ups may have happened is understandable...crap happens, but I am glad the Reps corrected everything. Having every single contest go without flaws is a wonderful goal but sometimes, things just do not go as planned!

I have a tough time giving the reps any kind of credit for fixing issues that they themselves created.

Back