THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have one and it can slice paper thin. Purchased ir used for under $300.
They go for way over $1000 new. Will last for ever.

I have to disagree on this one. Back when I sold restaurant equipment Berkel was what was left for those who could not afford a better one. That being said I'm talking about a slicer that is used hard everyday. For occasional home use a good cheapo is fine and will last a long time.

I have to disagree on this one. Back when I sold restaurant equipment Berkel was what was left for those who could not afford a better one. That being said I'm talking about a slicer that is used hard everyday. For occasional home use a good cheapo is fine and will last a long time.

I can get a used one for $100.
So you're saying I should snag it?

I once had a old industrial type slicer, I.m sorry I gave it to my Son-In-Law (who sold it :doh:)
Just, make sure that the sharpener is still with the slicer. The one I had the stones were stored under the name plate. If there isn't a way to sharpen the blade, I would pass.

Back