THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1_T_Scot

is One Chatty Farker
I picked up a packer for $1.20 a lbs since it was a good deal. I normally do flats so is there anything different about it?

I'm going to Heat up the ceramic with some burgers tonight then cool it off to 225-250 and toss on some more fuel (RO Lump). Probably through the brisket on aroun 8-8:30.

It weighs 11 lbs so I'm thinking it would be ready to foil and cooler at noon.

Anyway any special trimming etc....would be great.

Pron forth coming Tonight/tomorrow.

I cut out the hard fat pockets, but always leave at least a 1/4" of fat covering it. Fat side up or fat side down, everyone has their preference.

PS. I always score the Flat against the grain for easy recognition later when slicing.

Good luck!:-D Let us know how it turns out.

Once the flat is done it's likely the point will need some more time on the cooker. I usually seperate them and put the point back on until it hits 205 or so, mostly when it's super tender. I want all the fat to lose it's texture.

Back