What cut is this? From Costco

Thats pork butt they come 2 to a pack no bone... besides getting the wrong thing they are very good quality ... leave the flap folded under the bigger part when you smoke so it cooks evenly

You're right. I forgot it was two per pack. Personally I wasn't thrilled about it. Much prefer traditional bone in.

My wife loves carnitas so this will soften the blow of her being right on pork....

I told her what everyone said and she said "told you so!" :loco:

You just gotta let them be right every now and then.

Unfortunately I probably paid a pretty penny for this....

Well, guess this one will go in my instant pot. Seems too thin to really do a slow and low pulled pork.

Yup! What i meant also. Aside that, pork butt is an awesome cut and you can do so much with it. You said instant pot and you can make killer carnitas in no time.

Treat it like a butterflied pork butt. Season it, Roll it up and tie it then smoke it. That’s how I do jerk pork.

It tasted pretty bad IMO. After wrapping and resting I'm hoping IT hit 145.... God I feel like an idiot!

My wife said it seemed like pork but was just off.

Costco sells its pork shoulder as a two pack.
But you should hit an IT for 195-200 before it's ready.

My wife loves carnitas so this will soften the blow of her being right on pork....

I told her what everyone said and she said "told you so!" :loco:

If you want good carnitas, after you pull the pork, simmer it for about 5 minutes in chicken stock.

Ended up making a modified carnitas type dish. Turned out awesome. Wife loved it and laughed at my again.

Smoked on the MAK.

I'm never gonna love this down. :oops:

picture.php

Back