What better way to cheer up a Monday - Briskets

That sure looks delicious! Going to go an overnight brisket on my LSG IV this weekend as well. Well done.

Thanks y'all...

<sigh> The other guy couldn't make his Chicago Style brisket. I really did want to taste it. And yes, it almost sounded like PSB, just with brisket, which I would have loved. And since he didn't bring it, my brisket was gone *quick*. Not really a bad thing, everyone loved it. Even had someone bring an HEB precooked, just microwave it up, brisket. They set it on the table, and then put my brisket on their plate...

Again, thanks y'all. I think I am getting this brisket thing down. Not perfect yet, but consistently good enough...

Looks good mate, nice knife work as well.
Can you tellme more on Chicargo style please?

Super duper briskets. As everyone else has noted, the bark is fantastic.

Will be doing an overnighter low and slow on a 12.5 lb Prime from HEB tonight (actually putting meat on in the smoker at 2 am). First time to try it at such low temps since I have cooked at 275* grate level before. Sleep? What's that? Anyway, will wrap with BP. Regardless, pretty sure I will not achieve the great bark you did.

being from Chicago and pretty heavy into the Chicago BBQ world, i have never heard of Chicago style brisket...no place around here labels brisket Chicago style either....

being from Chicago and pretty heavy into the Chicago BBQ world, i have never heard of Chicago style brisket...no place around here labels brisket Chicago style either....

Scott beat me to it. I'm from Chicago and have never heard of "Chicago style brisket."

Maybe he mistook "brisket" for "hot dog" ;)

Sorry, can't provide any more info on the Chicago style. I am sure he'll make it in the near future and then I can tell you what I think.

It made great brisket quesadillas...

74A4C807-734A-4C26-AF70-B4CA3BDBB856_zpsvpagllnw.jpg

Awesome brisket! Looks like that cabinet is the perfect cooker for you. I would try smaller wood chunks since there isn't a lot of airflow in that type of cooker.

Those quesadillas look tasty!

What is in the filling besides brisket?

Back