What are you smoking this weekend?

elm

Got Wood.
Name or Nickame
Eric
It's important to have something to look forward to, especially at the end of a long week. For me, it's taking that thawed local beef chuck roast out of the fridge tonight and throwing it in the smoker. Debating between MSS and Oakridge Competition Beef and Pork rub. Hoping to pull it and vacuum seal it for sandwiches. What about you?

PS - I will try to take pictures, but it might be too dark. And snowy.

PPS - If you have a rub recommendation, please share!

Last edited:
Smoking some swine

I’ve got a 14.6# bone in skin on full pork shoulder to prep and season tonight, for a smoke tomorrow. This is for Sundays games. My rubs include the Goldees all-purpose and Meat Church Texas sugar. I’m finishing the cook with a tallow confit. Then into the warmer for 6 hours until the game. The sauce for the pulled pork is Eastern North Carolina vinegar base with hot sauce and misc spices.

Attachments

• 6F1A90D7-91E3-43BD-B784-AA55E25F6FC7.jpeg
    6F1A90D7-91E3-43BD-B784-AA55E25F6FC7.jpeg
    41.3 KB · Views: 119
Happy Phryday Pholks!

Oops, sorry. Wrong thread!

Tonight, wife requested bacon wrapped chicken livers. I'll throw them on the Weber.
Gonna try something with some gizzards, too. Not sure what just yet.
Tomorrow, a freezer dive will determine the dish.
Sunday, friends from out of state are coming in.
Braised Chuck is on the menu.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Nothing here either.
Tomorrow will probably be a cast iron pizza.
Starting Sunday and into late next week it’s gonna get/be cold, rain, maybe freezing rain. I’m still freezer diving.

Last edited:
Tonight, wife requested bacon wrapped chicken livers. I'll throw them on the Weber.

What a PIA but OHHHH SOOOO GOOOOD:thumb:

A friend of my daughter from La. is staying at my house this weekend. On Sunday she plans to make some red beans and rice for me. I may smoke a chuck roast (in the single digit wind chills) to run through the slicer.

Saturday, I have to myself. Thinking some wings.

I’ve got a 14.6# bone in skin on full pork shoulder to prep and season tonight, for a smoke tomorrow. This is for Sundays games. My rubs include the Goldees all-purpose and Meat Church Texas sugar. I’m finishing the cook with a tallow confit. Then into the warmer for 6 hours until the game. The sauce for the pulled pork is Eastern North Carolina vinegar base with hot sauce and misc spices.

Cleaned and trimmed the skin and visceral fat off. Nothing goes to waste, so this will go on the smoker in the tin to render down into smokey tallow for the final confit. I wanted to debone the shoulder and cut in half to ass more surface area rib and bark, however in the bone does accomplish some added flavor benefit. Seasoned heavy with the rubs mentioned above; no binder needed.

Attachments

• 83A4DD16-3BBB-4B53-876C-2448E9C501C7.jpeg
    83A4DD16-3BBB-4B53-876C-2448E9C501C7.jpeg
    73.2 KB · Views: 87
What a PIA but OHHHH SOOOO GOOOOD:thumb:

They weren't *terrible * to do.
I boiled the livers just long enough to *solidify* them.
Some hot sauce, salt, cayenne, and garlic in the water.
Then simmered the gizzards for an hour.
Wrapped, seasoned, sauced, and grilled with some KBB and pecan wood.

10 out of 10, will make again!

Last edited:
Wind-chill 5* with freezing fog.

Recalculating ----- recalculating

Back