What are you cutting into Blueshog for you comp ribs

It is very strong and very sweet, but we mix a little in (25-35%) with our Cole's Sweet Heat and some other juices to thin it out and use that as a glaze. Works well.

I have a story.

We don't really compete any more, but at the end, we had developed pretty good ribs. At our final competition (75 teams), I sent some samples to our competition neighbors, a pair that I trust more than just about anyone in BBQ.

Verbatim, "BHO, huh?" was the response after they tasted them.

BHO made up 25% by volume of the rib sauce/glaze, but that was the flavor they defined them as. Take it for what it may be worth.

Who knows, if we could cut straight we migh have gotten first not second in ribs.

they were farking with you bro. of course they recognized the "snap" that only BH has, as any seasoned competitor will, but it's whatever else flavors you mixed it with is what got you 2nd place.

they were farking with you bro. of course they recognized the "snap" that only BH has, as any seasoned competitor will, but it's whatever else flavors you mixed it with is what got you 2nd place.

Also to add a perfect cook rib along with a great looking box more than likely.

Not farking with me, but like you said BH has a distinctive flavor. The "IMO" part is you you don't need all that much to take advantage of what it brings to the party.

Rib Candy is great.

agreed, goes without saying.

Haha, actually it goes WITH saying. I literally said we can't cut ribs straight. We can't!

Last edited:
I don't know if this helps as we use Head Country as opposed to blues hog, but we cut it with au jous (sp?) and apple juice. I'm thinking of using apple juice concentrate this year.

Eric

Back