Well its time.. Summer Sausage on the silverbac in the rain!

blazinfire

Babbling Farker
Well I hope this isn't signs of bad things to come.. Suppose to have a "shower" early early this morning.. no shower weather looked great! Well once I got the cooker rolling and summer sausages on the sky turned black that instant and getting hit with a storm.. OH MAN!

Any ways.. I couldn't resist.. I had plenty of local ground beef stocked in the freezer. found my stash of casings.. Decided it was time for summer sausages.. I've heard mixed things about the silverbac and the other Grilla Grillz cookers running low temp without their "Alpha" controller with the PID controls..

Did jerky not to long back.. and I learned the cooker handled 180 just fine as long as you didn't open the door.. so I stuck a meat thermometer in one of these sausages.. shut the door gonna leave it until I hit IT 150.. then I'll check others with a instant read.

3hIFhzJl.jpg

Rain passed through here too. Then the wind came - again. Good looking cook you got going there Blazinfire!!

I'm an excellent reviewer of summer sausage and would be glad to give you my opinion. PM for my address.

Nice job there, blazin!

Alright here we go! So.. First off I was worried on making summer sausages because pellet grills does have a temp swing.. unless you have the PID controls.. set at 180.. there was a couple times I was seeing 190-200 but it was soo windy that might have something to do with it.

Truthfully I expected the cooker just to run hotter than 180 and cause a fat out on the sausages.. Boy I was wrong. It worked flawlessly and what I love about it.. took a lot less time than hanging in the masterbuilt. Looks like I will be able to retire the masterbuilt as the dedicated sausage smoker.

Thing I noticed.. lighter smoke flavor than the masterbuilt but I really liked it so that didn't really bother me.

L5ZrOLfl.jpg

NXwKfTAl.jpg

Hmm good question.. What would make the casing stick real hard to the sausage its self? Last few times I did the sausages I hung them in the master built.. Seems like one side sticks to the sausage... Is it cuz it was laying on the grate?

Back