THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I just finished tasting my second Boston Butt on my BSKD since I modded it. Just gets better every time. I ended up just doing the turkey legs for about three hours without foiling them, they were pretty awesome, although I still want to try 3-2-1 on them. And I gotta thank Bill for the 3-2-1 idea on the fatties. Best fatty I ever had.

Pork came out great. Brisket, good flavor, a little dry. Ribs, utter failure, overcooked. I decided at the last minute to add them to the brisket and pork and they were too low in the smoker and too much heat. Should have waited until today.

Oh well, I will pull the ribs and add them to the pulled pork.

Haven't cut into the corn beef pastrami yet but it sure smelled good when I took it of the 'dera. As for the brisket, might just have been the best one I've done to date! Tender moist and tastey. Was the first time I used any mustard in my glue. Rubbed it down good with some Yoshida's Gourmet Sauce, Lousianna Hot Sauce, Worsteschire, and a little yellow mustard prior to adding my rub.

NOTHING. No cooking for me this weekend, unless you count the grilled skirt steak on Friday night. Saturday was spent taking care of family graves and Sunday shopping with the Mrs and daughter for dresses for my neice's wedding this weekend. So, no cooking this weekend either! Arguuuuggggggggggggghhhhhhhhh.

BrooklynQ said:
NOTHING. No cooking for me this weekend, unless you count the grilled skirt steak on Friday night. Saturday was spent taking care of family graves and Sunday shopping with the Mrs and daughter for dresses for my neice's wedding this weekend. So, no cooking this weekend either! Arguuuuggggggggggggghhhhhhhhh.

This too shall pass. Do it up big for Memmorial Day weekend!

Ok, finally got a chance to post this. Phone lines are farked at home - major static - so instead of my lightening-fast 21.6 connection :mrgreen: I can only get a 14.4 kbps.

Prime rib was awesome. Couldn't find the Gravy Master so I used a whole bottle of the Kitchen Bouquet. Ran the pit up to 300 in the hot spot and let the meat reach 90. Then moved to the middle rack at 250. Used Kingsford for coal base and burned white oak and cherry. I love the smell of cherry in the afternoon. :twisted: Right before internal reached 130 I threw a half-chimney of lit charcoal in firebox and added some 1" apple sticks. Rolled the meat around right over the coals - as soon as flames started I moved it to another spot on the grate. When the internal reached 140 I wrapped it loosely and waited about 30 minutes. Internal reached 152 by the time I opened it.

Tasted just like I remembered it from the bash. Spices were awesome. Bark was killer. Not as red in the center as I want - only slightly pink. Next time I'll try pulling it at 125 and rolling it over the coals until 135 before foiling.

This was a 5#er - got a late start, meat went on at 3:45. Wrapped it at 7:30 and ate it at 8:00. So 4:15 total cook time.

Thanks for the report jt. I think that Phil used the Kitchen Bouquet stuff at the bash. And don't feel bad about over cooking it slightly. Phil did the same thing at the bash. He was having such a good time shooting the breeze with the brothers, he let it get slightly overcooked, but it was still awesome.

Neil, I always wait until I am eating lunch before checking the q-talk forum. I am almost always eating Q for lunch as well. It was spare ribs today.

Back