Weekend Cook

Jeff_in_KC said:
OK dang it, I'm NEEDING to smoke!!!! someone give me a good idea for the BSKD that can be done in four hours or less that I might not have tried before. I'm thinking it might have to be chicken?? Open to suggestions for tomorrow!

Tabasco/soy sauce marinated chicken quarters. $0.49/pound locally. Besides, once youe get started, just need to go and tend the fire every30 minutes or so.

I went out yesterday to weed whack and it almost whacked me. Going out today to mow once the caffiene kicks in and I seriously hydrate myself.

Wrapped, toweled and coolered the 14# TURD at the 13 hour mark. Internal temp was 187* and probe slid in and out like it was going into soft butter at three different loacations on the flat. I tried something different last time I smoked a whole packer and forgot to post the results. When I prepped the meat I trimmed out that thick slab of fat on the edge of the flat near the point. I then thinly sliced this slab of fat and placed it on top of the flat after I applied the rub. It was almost like having a fatcap on both sides. I always cook the brisket fatcap down after learning that trick here. The result last time was fantastik and I'm hoping todays effort will have produced similar results. Only five more hours till our guests arrive for dinner.

My youngest son leaves for Basic Training at Fort Sill on Tuesday so we've got a bunch coming over to wish him off.
Buckboard Bacon, Butt, Chicken Thighs marinated in Texas Pete, Maple Fatty Wrapped Armadillo Eggs.
And thank the Lord for remote thermometers. I'm sitting in the AC house while the BSKD does the work.

Kevin

brdbbq said:
Take Out Chinese

did you get the BBQ Prok?

I got 4 chicken boobs thawing on the counter.

Supposed to be 103* today, so I might just wrap in foil with bbq sauce and leave out on the driveway for a few hours.

Naw Don't care for there prok. Got spicey beef with japs. green peppers and Onion. Should make a interesting drive with OL and Daughter to Ft Worth this afternoon. "DAD YOUR FUMIING AGAIN."

brdbbq said:
Naw Don't care for there prok. Got spicey beef with japs. green peppers and Onion. Should make a interesting drive with OL and Daughter to Ft Worth this afternoon. "DAD YOUR FUMIING AGAIN."

Going 820/183 or 121/114? If you go 820 think about heading north on Euless Main and check out N. Main BBQ. AYCE (Ribs, brisket, sausage, chopped beef, and chicken, sides of beans, tater salad and maybe slaw, and all the trimmings) $12 including tea, or a plate for $6-7. Should be vending machines in the back for coke, and you can bring your own beer. Think they close early on Sunday though.

Jorge said:
brdbbq said:

Going 820/183 or 121/114? If you go 820 think about heading north on Euless Main and check out N. Main BBQ. AYCE (Ribs, brisket, sausage, chopped beef, and chicken, sides of beans, tater salad and maybe slaw, and all the trimmings) $12 including tea, or a plate for $6-7. Should be vending machines in the back for coke, and you can bring your own beer. Think they close early on Sunday though.

121/114 That figures. Actually was hoping for a invite to your place then I could get your farking address.

I am recovering from my first bbq competition. Didnt win anything but was fun. I got good ideas and alot of help from other teams.

Kevin said:
My youngest son leaves for Basic Training at Fort Sill on Tuesday so we've got a bunch coming over to wish him off.
Buckboard Bacon, Butt, Chicken Thighs marinated in Texas Pete, Maple Fatty Wrapped Armadillo Eggs.
And thank the Lord for remote thermometers. I'm sitting in the AC house while the BSKD does the work.

Kevin

Wish your son luck. I did ny basic training at Ft. Sill. What branch of artillery is he going into?

elvis67 said:
I am recovering from my first bbq competition. Didnt win anything but was fun. I got good ideas and alot of help from other teams.

Welcome Elvis

go to cattle call thread and let us know who you are!

icemn62 said:
Kevin said:

Kevin

Wish your son luck. I did ny basic training at Ft. Sill. What branch of artillery is he going into?

13B, cannon crew member. Greek to me. I was 63B, wheeled vehicle mechanic. Thanks for your support. I'm very proud of his decision yet I do worry too.

Kevin

That was my MOS. Hopefully he will enjoy his time in service, and he gets to travel all over the world. Did some really good Beer drinking while I was stationed in Germany.

As for 13B, The way I explain it to my son. I made Cannons go Boom, and explde things far away.

The brisket was one of the best I ever cooked although placing those strips of fat on top must prevent a smoke ring from forming. The meat was very tastey, tender, and, moist.

Back