THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

L

ljh34465

Got a weedburner from Harbor Freight for lighting my BGE.

Wanted to roast/blacken some poblanos and gave it a try.

Still on my enclosed patio so did not use the Turbo lever, just turned it up to maybe medium. Laid the poblanos on the grill on my gasser and I think it took about 45 seconds to do three medium poblanos.
Where was this when I roasted 25# of Hatch and it took hours and hours:confused:

Absolutely fantastic - highly recommended for anybody that roasts poblanos or Hatch.

try getting a good fire going in the egg and roasting the peppers in the egg. where's the pix?:biggrin:

Next time for pics, Rick.:-D Or does it "not happen" with anything w/o pics??

Since I was giving the egg a well deserved break (first day off in 6 days), I was not doing Q tonight but chicken poblano tacos.

this is what happens when the small bottle of propane falls over and liquid gets in the hose...

mamadisalvopizza-006.jpg

the grip on my lens is starting to crack. i wonder why :biggrin:

well, obviously there is more than one camera in this house:-D

weedburner.jpg

On sale

Harbor Freight has them on sale for $12.99 this weekend. They also have a sale on brass ball valves it that may intrest any of the UDS clan.

i use the small, disposable camping bottles that run the lantern and coleman stove. a "steak saver" adapter from u-haul (cheapest i've seen them) is required to hook up to the weed burner. it's easy to run down your prey with a smaller tank! 8)

onebone-002.jpg

6mar07-002.jpg

Thanks, Randy - will have to check that out - fantastic price.

Burn baby Burn!!!!! I have had a good fire going since 6 am this morning. The pork shoulder I am cooking still is not done. It has just stayed at 175 for like over an hour, close to two. I may have to come get your burner and just "Make it Finish"!!!

Scott

Rick - in my search for a steak saver adapter locally, I saw they have an adapter to fill the small bottles from the 20# - do you bother with that?
Thanks.

Rick - in my search for a steak saver adapter locally, I saw they have an adapter to fill the small bottles from the 20# - do you bother with that?
Thanks.

nope. then the large tank would be empty. the small bottles will give you 6-10 fire starts depending on your trigger finger.

Back