THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FYI- Don't let the nozzel end touch the hose when you set it down after you light your coals. Bad things happen.:frown:

is this the one I want to light the lump in my new BGE? (pick it up in the AM)

And the one for roasting Hatch or poblanos?

Thanks,

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=91037

YES!!! That is the one that will get you up to BBQ temps in about 10-15 minutes. The only way to light the BGEs and do get the lighter. I love mine and don't have to worry about burning the hair on my arm. Turn the gas on slow and put the nozzle to the ground at a slant and push the button once or twice. Also check the alignment of the spark bar on occassion.

I know that that's the one I have used on WSMs, UDSs, GoodOnes, and a couple of home made stick burners.
Can't tell ya for sure about BGEs, though.

Thanks for the input everyone - really appreciate it. Will be ordering it today...................

yup, picked it up this am. Have to finish one of Rick's carts before I assemble it - been waiting since May so am ready to go - any suggestions to a new egghead will be appreciated:-D

yup, picked it up this am. Have to finish one of Rick's carts before I assemble it - been waiting since May so am ready to go - any suggestions to a new egghead will be appreciated:-D

First, don't let anything - ANY.THING. keep you from firing her up. Table/No Table. Get her dirty soon OR I will have to come and take her away from you, since you would be proving an unfit BGE owner. :roll:

I'm still learning on my BGE, but I love it - and so do the kiddos. Have fun and enjoy it, that's the only real suggestions I have (other than get her dirty NOW) :-D

Love, love, love my BGE (although I wish we had gotten a larger size, I was out voted since the site says a medium is good for a household of 4 and it's only the three of us.)

Break it in soon... if not with a smoke, then with TREX steaks: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/trexsteak.htm

And I'm jealous of the torch... I'm still using a chimney to start mine.

Back