THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

no matter what mods you make on the ECB..it wont compare to the effiency and ease of use of a WSM. Im not a big fan of bullet smokers but have a WSM just for cooking butts..spend the extra money..you will be happy in the long run..as far as convincing your wife..your on your own with that..
i must be lucky as ive never gotten any flak about buying bbq stuff from my wife. She actually encourages it and knows I could be up to more "evilness" in my spare time than playing with Q

Just do like I did. Wait till the wife goes away for awhile(she went to Texas for a month) and order it then. I had 4 cooks on mine before she came home. It's sitting out on the back porch(lania) and she only just realized it was there yesterday. She came home this past Saturday. I ordered it the day she left. Got it off Buy.com on sale for 178.00.
When she asked me why I got it, I told her the truth. It'll cook longer without having to fool with it and I can actually do long cooks overnight and actually get a nap instead of having to be up all night dealing with the fire. I've gone as long as 18 hours on a full load with the minion method at between 225-275* with occasional highes and lows.
I use it pretty much most of the time now since I usually only do one thing at a time. I still use my BSKD along with my WSM when I'm doing a big cook. I use the WSM for Brisket and the WSM for ribs, and butt if I'm cooking all at the same time. Pretty much just brisket or butt if I'll throw it in the WSM. It's nearly a set and forget cooker.

Ron_L said:
Uh Oh... Guppie hasn't posted since yesterday.

Guppie? You OK?

:-D :-D

Yep...I'm fine. In fact, I just got back from Mr. (insert bogus name here) house who gave me two FREE Maverick ET-73 remote smoker thermometers!

I have really benefited from my friendship with Mr. (insert bogus name here.)

The Guppie

TexasGuppie said:
Yep...I'm fine. In fact, I just got back from Mr. (insert bogus name here) house who gave me two FREE Maverick ET-73 remote smoker thermometers!

I have really benefited from my friendship with Mr. (insert bogus name here.)

The Guppie

You were WHERE???

I hope tha couch is comfortable.

Back