Weber SmokeFire at Lowe's

Guess I'm cheap or have a low risk tolerance (hint: its both), but I'm pretty spooked by the SmokeFire. I actually had one on reserve and when I received the email that I could purchase one I got cold feet. Mostly due to first generation concerns (somewhat fueled by postings on this group). Boy, do I feel smart...

I’d be willing to give it a try for that price.

I assume you could return it, or get Weber to supply the parts to fix it if needed.

I was thrilled with the convenience of pellet grills but went back to charcoal to get the smoke profile I prefer. If I don’t use my green mountain grill again by next summer, I’m probably going to sell it.

Yesterday my buddy scores an in the box stainless weber genesis 2, $1,299 retail yellow tagged to $649 bucks. Great deal

Have had my EX6 smokefire since July 2020. Not 1 grease fire or flame out. I only cook for 2 so that could maybe explain no grease fires. Loading it up with 6 pork butts would probably be a totally different experience if you don't use foil pans.

If you like the design of the smokefire but want a traditional hopper and grease management system zgrills has a newish offering. https://zgrills.com/products/multitasker-11002b-wi-fi-pellet-grill

The problem with the Smokefire as I see it is Weber seemed to insist on making it a grill first and a smoker second. You basically have the same cooking grate and flavor bar setup like their gas grills without the typical drip tray to manage grease runoff from low and slow cooks. So of course ALL the grease is gonna drool all over the sides and bottom and get the ash mixed in.

I want one as I want Weber quality but remain on the fence. I'm willing to slip in an improvised drip tray although wish I didn't have to. And personally I don't want to clean my pellet smoker after every use and don't feel I should have to. Some may and by all means knock yourself out and clean it after every use if you want. But it should be necessary, that's just too much work. I clean my Camp Chef only every 4 to 5 long cooks and it does just fine.

I have a good friend who has a second generation Smokefire X4 and he loves it and has not had any problems with it.

Yesterday my buddy scores an in the box stainless weber genesis 2, $1,299 retail yellow tagged to $649 bucks. Great deal

Which model? The website only shows $750 models in store in my area.

Back