THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

pizza stone

oops

100_7915.JPG

Jason

To keep the flour from being absorbed, replace it with cornmeal. It is coarser and will help the pizza roll off the peel.

Sorry to be diggin up old threads but does anyone know if this would work to keep from damaging the stone and/or myself while cooking a pizza on the grill on a stone?

I've been using a Lodge 14" cast iron pizza pan instead of the stone in my kettle. Cooks the same.

Thanks for the hint, that would at least get the stone up a bit higher. My biggest problem was that once the pizza was loaded down with the toppings, it absorbed all of the flour on the cutting board and was too moist/limp/soft to move. I think the peel is likely going to be a solution to this, but I will certainly give this a try as well as I am a bit concerned about the stone being so close to the fire. I already promised the Mrs. that I would buy her a new one if this one got ruined, but I'd rather spend my hard earned $$$ on something I want rather than replacing something of hers I broke... :wink:

Try corn meal instead of flour...

edit...:-Dtoo late

Back