THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gommo

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Burner one lights fine, but the flame won't spread to the second burner as it is supposed to do. This is a new problem on a 4 year old grill. I'm getting heat the entire length of the first burner -- just no transfer to the second. Any thoughts -- or time for a new grill?

If the burners are side to side your crossover burner may have a hole in it or stopped up, I had to replace mine awhile back but it did last more that 4yrs.

Yeah, don't throw the grill away, take the 'flavorizer bars' off and look underneath.
Easy and cheaper to replace the burners and crossover.
Or light the 2nd burner by hand.

Good advice so far. Let me also say that there is no need for a new grill. Parts (burners, crossover tube, etc...) are readily available from Weber, Amazon, or other online locations.

I bought a Weber gasser when it was 9 years old, replaced the burners and crossover tube with stainless ones. Been perfect.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Weber-Stainless-Steel-Burner-Tube-Set-7507/100658757 Most times they are in stock. easy swap out. 3/4 of a beer at most.

8b1fa415-7157-4860-bdad-7c4e442864e2_1000.jpg

If the grill is only 4 years old, call Weber first. They will either assist you in resolving the problem or send you out replacement parts especially if it is a Genesis. If I recall a Genesis has a 10 year warranty. They have helped me tremendously with my problems at no charge and sent parts out too
Good luck!!

i had a similar problem several years ago. I had a spider web inside the tubing. Easiest thing to do before replacing anything is to take off flavor bars then remove the screws that hold down the burner tube set. Take the tubes off, either wire brush or use an old tooth brush and LIGHTY clean all the slots. I usually hit it with canned air too. Look inside main tubes for webs Set tubes back on and retry.

I had the same issue and found some holes on the burner plugged. Gently poked with a toothpick and fixed.
Mine is now 20 years old and on its third burner and flavorizer bars. Webers are very easy to work on.

Same thing happened to me this spring, used hard bristle tooth brush and brush at 90 degree so you don't clog up the adjacent holes. Light by hand if needed, crank it on high for a bit then cool and brush again. Hope it works!

I had the exact problem with mine. Removed the burners and crossover tube. Many of the slots were plugged up. Wire brushed well, couple shots of air from the compressor, re-assembled and now working like new!

I used a small wire brush on the burnners and crossovers about the size if a toothbrush. Actually it's a small gun cleaning brush. No need to remove the burnners.

Spider blockages happen all the time on old Coleman stoves. The two best methods are driving water through with a turkey baster, and the "poor man's needle gun" (a zip tie spun between your fingers).
Air can work, but frequently the debris just hangs up.

Back