Weber Gasser Recomendations please

zwylde1

Full Fledged Farker
I have a host of charcoal grills that I love to use, but my fiance wants to get into grilling as well and she is not wanting to deal with the charcoal setup so I want to get her a nice Weber unit. Most of our cooking is just for the 2 of us, but also want to be able to cook for more at times. I know there are many different models, just looking for some ideas from you all. Saw a Q3200 over the weekend that looks nice and sleek. Only thing I may question on it is the height of the lid. What would be my best bang for the buck be to get her a nice grill to play with?? Maybe a Genesis II E-210?"??

Thanks in advance!

I've had my Weber Spirit E-200 for almost 5 years now and except for the terrible cheap plastic casters I love it the grill. It's a little small depending on the crowd size but it's good size for my needs; especially since I moved and the grill has a permanent home and those stupid wheels don't matter anymore. (I really hate them but like the grill)

Id grab an older one off CL. I have a Q also and its a cool grill but I would not use it as a main grill. Burner setup makes indirect impossible.

I'm happy with my new Spirit II 210. The small casters were replaced with larger wheels on one end and legs on the other. Indirect is easy and it holds the temperature well. I miss having a side burner, but didn't want to pay more for that. The cooking area is fine for 3 or 4, but would get crowded for more. For what I use the gasses for, the small 2 burner is all I need.

My wife and I ran with a Weber Q for years when we were in our condo. Was a great grill and did what we needed to. Great for tailgating and camping too. When we moved into the house we got a Spirit 310 and love it. It can cook a ton of food and a good price at $500. The 210 is also great, just a bit smaller.

The Webber Spirit II 210 is a solid choice. Not too big or too small and a good price new at ~$350 on sale. It is a good choice for 2 people and will work for up to 4 which sounds like a good fit for you.

+1 on finding an older model (built better than the new ones) on craigslist

Either get an older one (avoid the new ones, they are now made in China junk) or consider another brand. Broil King is made in the USA (some models Canada) and are higher quality for the same price.

Back