Weber appreciation and Tri Tip

Hitman0321

Full Fledged Farker
Like others have mentioned, repeatedly, the Weber kettle is just a great piece of equipment. I use it 4-5 per week in the summer to try to keep it cool indoors, and here is a prime example:

I picked up a tri tip and blatantly stole PatioDaddio's slather recipe (can be found at http://www.patiodaddiobbq.com/2010/02/east-of-santa-maria-tri-tip.html WFS) and let it marinate overnight. Tri tip is a pretty quick cook so I put some charcoal on one side with some pecan and about 10 lit coals.

It went for an hour or so at about 280, which is where my kettle likes to settle and looked like this:

Threw it on the hot side and got some corn going:

After the rest and the corn was done, I took some romaine with S&P and olive oil (a la Peeps) and grilled it and put some parm on it. The romaine was finished with a little Shack Attack sauce.

Thanks for looking!

Hitman

Great looking meal! How did you like the romaine? I was really happy with it after seeing several guys here do it over the last year....

Great looking meal! How did you like the romaine? I was really happy with it after seeing several guys here do it over the last year....

It went over great. Both the wife and mother in law loved it. Try it with some Shack Attack if you have it, the cold vinegar and hot olive oil really made it awesome.

It went over great. Both the wife and mother in law loved it. Try it with some Shack Attack if you have it, the cold vinegar and hot olive oil really made it awesome.
I had some for a while and finished it...gotta make another batch!

Back