We had a party...

fingerlickin'

Quintessential Chatty Farker
for my daughters 5th b-day and this is what I made. For some reason I feel compelled to use my Ique even for short cooks like ribs, I'm pretty sure I might be lazy. :tsk: Unfortunately I forgot to plug it in which cost me an hour and farked up my timeline so the pics are few and suckey but I took em so here you go.

Brother Outlaw Swine hooked me up with this Pilleteri's marinade and I figured it was about time I gave it a try. I marinated these two eye roasts for 24 hrs. Beef sammies were on the menu.

IMG_2535.jpg

I rubbed them with bovine bold and some garlic powder and cooked them indirect for a couple hours until about 125* internal then threw them on for a sear. Cooked the night before hence the poor lighting.

IMG_2545.jpg

IMG_2548.jpg

IMG_2553.jpg

Chilled it overnight and sliced it in the morning.

IMG_2557.jpg

Next day I did 6 racks of BB's with a couple different rubs.

IMG_2562.jpg

IMG_2567.jpg

No real money shots this time. It was bad enough everyone at the party was giving me chit for taking pictures of my food. :tsk:

This is the best I can do. Potato salad and BLT pasta salad, bacon just makes everything better. :grin:

IMG_2570.jpg

The wife made a cake for desert. Not as cool as the dinosaur one she made last month for the boy but it ate pretty good.

IMG_2572-1.jpg

There is a moral to this story. There were a lot of appetizers and dips and such so everyone was half full by the time dinner came around. Only 4 people ate a beef sandwich, everyone else just had ribs. Ribs just plain rule I guess. The beef was really good too, oh well, it made for some nice leftovers for me all week!

Have a great weekend everyone! I gotta go cook some burgers!!!

:peace:

Very nice, cute cake and some good looking meat, and yes, if you throw babybacks on a table, nobody cares about anyhting else.

Great looking feast, Jason! Bet that beef made some bangin' sammies. I agree with Bob about the ribs. Suddenly everything else becomes invisible. Tell your wife she's a great talent with those cakes. Just beautiful! :thumb:

There is a moral to this story. There were a lot of appetizers and dips and such so everyone was half full by the time dinner came around. Only 4 people ate a beef sandwich, everyone else just had ribs. Ribs just plain rule I guess. The beef was really good too, oh well, it made for some nice leftovers for me all week!

What was the moral? Be sure to make plenty of appetizers so there is leftover beef for sandwiches? That's what I'm taking away!:thumb:

Nice looking spread!

Mike

What was the moral? Be sure to make plenty of appetizers so there is leftover beef for sandwiches? That's what I'm taking away!:thumb:

Nice looking spread!

Mike

I think more along the lines of, if you want leftover ribs make more appetizers. :) and save your money on the beef.

That cake is very cool.I bet it tasted better than it looked.All the pics made me hungry now.:clap2:

If it tasted better than it looked, then you need to put some in a box and send it to me, 'cause it looked OUTSTANDING!!! :grin:

Back