We got us a new comp trailer!

All we need now is a shelf in back for the cookers, and weight distribution/anti-sway installed

How heavy is the trailer? I have an 03' Avalanche and am picking up a 20' trailer probably a lot lighter than yours just curious on the anti-sway hitch for that short of a trailer?

From Jayco's site

Weights
  • Unloaded Vehicle Weight (lbs): 4,370
  • Dry Hitch Weight (lbs): 530
  • Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (lbs): 6,500
  • Cargo Carrying Capacity (lbs): 2,130
Avalanche is rated to tow 8100 to 8300 depending where you look, so we'll have to be careful how we load it . It's pushing a little, but for our use I think we'll be ok
Might have to look into a tranny cooler though

From Jayco's site

Weights
  • Unloaded Vehicle Weight (lbs): 4,370
  • Dry Hitch Weight (lbs): 530
  • Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (lbs): 6,500
  • Cargo Carrying Capacity (lbs): 2,130
Avalanche is rated to tow 8100 to 8300 depending where you look, so we'll have to be careful how we load it . It's pushing a little, but for our use I think we'll be ok
Might have to look into a tranny cooler though

The 03' is rated at 7200lbs so they must have really raised the gears between the years. Tranny cooler can probably only help.

The 03' is rated at 7200lbs so they must have really raised the gears between the years. Tranny cooler can probably only help.

Depends on which axle ratio came with it. In the 2002, they had a 3.73 ratio with 7100 max trailer wt., or a 4.10 with 8100

I think bottom line is we just need to be careful not to put too much stuff in it, and keep it light. With a 90 gal potable water capacity, not filling 2/3 of that gets me almost 500 lb lighter

Following tanks at the contest. You don't want to travel with all that water. Truck stops will be your friends.... and grey water bandit people when its dark out!!!! ;)

Yep, that's what I thought as well. Thanks for confirming it Scottie! At 8.3 lb per gallon, that weight adds up quick! They have (Jayco) an identical, or nearly identical floor plan in their ultra light line, but it's only 565 lighter dry weight and has 1/3 the potable water capacity. I think we'll be ok, just need to pack smart. And load water when we get where we're going!

Not having to set up and tear down either a tent or pop up will make that easier to do! our cookers don't weigh squat, and 36lb of lump carries me through a comp, so I think we're ok.

Congratulations that is a nice looking trailer you are getting there. I know your going to enjoy that beauty.

Back