We finally won it!

Congrats J$, those ribs and chicken look great. .. what no brisket pics? I'd ban you just for that! haha :razz:

Congrats J$, those ribs and chicken look great. .. what no brisket pics? I'd ban you just for that! haha :razz:

Sorry, was running a little behind in the brisket. Even though I put it on at 6 and it was done by noon, time got away from me a little since guests were there.

Sorry, was running a little behind in the brisket. Even though I put it on at 6 and it was done by noon, time got away from me a little since guests were there.
Congrats man.
What kind of hold time do you prefer on the brisket? If done at noon- I can assume 2-3 hr for a 2 or 3pm turn in.

took it off when it probed tender with the thermapen. temp is just a reminder that its gettin close. one probed tender @209, the other 210. im not gonna lie, that was the second time i checked them cookin @300 and they were 198 the first time. took em off and let them sit on the table till 215 for a 300 turn in, dont really remember what i did in those last 30 min :becky:

Oh yeah. Love being in the paper! Lol we picked up another sponsor. Turns out my cousin is the new store manager of brookshire bros and was sponsoring the cookoff. From now on they will sponsor our meats. All I have to do is bring them a completed entry form and whatever meats I select are comped. Just gotta change my banner a little. I'm hoping to get them to start carrying the brand of packer brisket I like to compete with.briskets these days are high, why not get it for free.
F2F556A6-E61C-4AA0-A1AC-57CF48321399-1211-0000015F7C0F6338.jpg

Dunno, but what does that matter? Speculation is just speculation. Luck runs out for everybody. I'll take what I can get. Comps are expensive and if I remember correctly you have missed a few this year also. What can I say besides a blind hog hits a acorn once in a while.
The bald guy next to my wife, his team has won the chicken the last 3 years. I tasted it and I know why. Man it was good. He said what do you think?I said taste like some Italian dressing with a little lemon pepper and a touch of pickling spice, damn good! All the response I got was dead silence from him and his teammates for about 5 seconds. Later that night at the beer garden when he was good and lit at the music festival, he told me I was dead on with what he used. He said next year I'm not allowed over there anymore. He was just jokin. My dads best friend is the brisket cooker on that team and they are helluva nice guys.

Back