water pan clean up

Usually, I'll take the pans out and let them cool on the ground. Later that day or the next, I'll usually pour the greasen in a regular garbage bag and then put that bag in a heavy duty trash bag and put it out with the regular trash.

Or, you can do the reverse of that like I did the week before the last contest... I dumped all the grease in a dirt patch next to my garage. Then put the water pans in a heavy duty trash bag to soak with water and soap for easier cleaning. Then I put that bag out with the regular trash and showed up to the contest without my water pans...

Don't do suggestion # 2 !!!!

I usually let it cool just a bit, then fill it up with dog food and put it in the back yard. By the time my dinner of BBQ is over the pan is spotless clean

Wayne said:
I usually let it cool just a bit, then fill it up with dog food and put it in the back yard. By the time my dinner of BBQ is over the pan is spotless clean

That was your water pan? I thought it was stew.:-D

I forgot my water pan in the smoker, and didn't realize it until about 3 weeks later when I went to cook a brisket. Let's just say the stank was pretty stanky.

I let it cool and solidify and throw it in a plastic bag (with the cold ashes) and then throw the whole lot in the dustbin.

If I leave it out the Foxes & Seagull's rip the bag to peices by the next morning!!!

Back