Contest Results Washington, MO

BTW - Todd,
That was the most amazing box of pork i've ever seen in my life!!!! And the taste was spot-on perfect to what i've eaten of yours before. You are da man, even if the judges disagree!!

Hey, I'll take a 5th in pork all year long.

Brethren Category Scores - Hope I didn't Miss Anyone
Lit and Loaded (1) - 2, 3, 19, 11
Plowboys (3) - 10, 7, 5, 5
KC Can Crew (Jeff, 4) - 9, 15, 4, 2
Beam Boys (6) - 15, 1, 22, 10
Bankin' On The Q (Me, 9) - 8, 17, 25, 1

Brewmasters (11) - 7, 23, 17, 4
Pork Pistols BBQ (12) - 17, 16, 15, 13

We got second in the People's Choice (pulled pork). What I can't figure out is how the team that won the PC was DAL in the pork category...

Not a good showing by us...but we were right on the cusp points wise of just missing top ten overall.

We had a lot of 9s and 5s for the same category on the same item...especially in appearance, which is just baffling. Gonna have to shake this one off like Nate suggested as first one back in a while and settle in at our next one in a couple weeks and just get those numbers up a bit.

Great to see everyone out there.

No problem. I could tell that from your post. Just thought I would add to it, mostly since Brewmaster had two calls but barely missed 10th. Just noticed in another thread that it looks like Lion Bout the Q is on the forum. They were there as well.

Congrats to Lit and Loaded and everyone who walked. REALLY enjoyed meeting new friends and seeing old ones. You guys are awesome!

The biggest thing I learned this weekend is if you bring frozen meat to the contest, you have a good chance of winning ribs. Nice recovery, York.

I want to thank Jeff for buying lunch and beers on Friday. It was very generous of you.

I was very nice to see everyone again and meeting some new brethren. Great group of people one here. Glad to be a part of it.

Since we are talking about things we learned from the weekend I will add mine. I never knew you could get so much entertainment from watching a lock-up porta-potty right outside the front of a night club. Best $2.15 York spent on the whole contest. Some people saw the locked door and walked around to the back to see if the "other" door was locked.:confused:

Anyway good to see everyone. I had a great time.

Cheers,
Nate

i had the bacardy thing thr night and got home around 1:45 friday morning and was down at the contest parking lot at 7:00 friday my a** was wooped then when the meat inspectors came i found out my freazer was still on and all the meat was frozen :evil: i was mad at my self for leaving the freazer on took all the meat out put it in the sink with water and went to lunch when i came pack it was all most un frozen

the three gallon of margrites i had to bump out because every one said they wanted went to waste :rolleyes: good thing they were free

i hope everyone had an good time

i went to bed sat night at 8:00 and here it is 2:00 sunday and i just got out of bed i feel good now i have to go clean the trailer and get ready for next weekend:-D

i had the bacardy thing thr night and got home around 1:45 friday morning and was down at the contest parking lot at 7:00 friday my a** was wooped then when the meat inspectors came i found out my freazer was still on and all the meat was frozen :evil: i was mad at my self for leaving the freazer on took all the meat out put it in the sink with water and went to lunch when i came pack it was all most un frozen

the three gallon of margrites i had to bump out because every one said they wanted went to waste :rolleyes: good thing they were free

i hope everyone had an good time

i went to bed sat night at 8:00 and here it is 2:00 sunday and i just got out of bed i feel good now i have to go clean the trailer and get ready for next weekend:-D

Was that water running through the faucet or the crack in the tank? :lol: I heard that story, too.

I can't say too much, my chicken caught on fire! Still good enough for 10th place. :mrgreen:

We heard all the commotion when the bar closed, did't realize it was the lock on the porta-potty that caused it.
BBQ ASAP had a great time in Washington. Does anyone know where the pp came from for the pc?

Our pork butt were about ten pounds each, we had to adjust our cooking time just for them, but I think we used one of those for the turn in.

By time the evening rolled around I wasn't walking down that hill again cause I sure as well wouldn't make it back up drunk!!!

Next time put us closer! :grin:

IT was a great contest - Thanks everyone for the encouragement. I tried to drink you out, 3 gallons is a lot.

Sorry we could not each lunch with everyone - we were doing our prep - especially since someone else bought!

Now I have to rub down the pig with lin seed oil.

Everyone needs to give Brian some crap - he does not want to take this around with us. I think it is a great door stop that can hold a bottle of liquor - I will post a picture after I down load our pictures!

Now I have to rub down the pig with lin seed oil.

Everyone needs to give Brian some crap - he does not want to take this around with us. I think it is a great door stop that can hold a bottle of liquor - I will post a picture after I down load our pictures!

I agree with you, I think the pigs were awesome. Much better than some plastic trophy.

Back