THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Got to admit the Weber Summit Charcoal is pretty interesting. A bit pricy for what it is IMO but interesting.
16Adams please let us know how you make out tomorrow.

I know of a situation several years ago that an online authorized retailer who sold a lot of Primo's stopped doing business with them over the way the owner handled a problem with a customer. The online retailer said that they with the distributor were pissed over trying to deal with Primo and that the distributor was going to stop doing business with them also. I don't know if the distributor stopped but the retailer did. The online retailer ended up doing a refund at their expense.

Called the number. Apparently another company or perhaps same company Empire Controls—handles their warranty claim processing. Firebox is approved 50$ shipping but could take up to two weeks as “he knows they are running a little behind”.

Again, as good as it gets. For now

Last edited:
^^^ interesting! I did not know that^^^

I know of a situation several years ago that an online authorized retailer who sold a lot of Primo's stopped doing business with them over the way the owner handled a problem with a customer.

I dealt directly with him for my warranty claim and while it was in fact resolved. I wasn't exactly impressed with him if I'm being honest.(chalked it up to maybe a cultural thing)
I wouldn't categorized him as the most customer centric person I've ever dealt with. (And that's coming from someone that services customers with capital investment equipment on a daily basis.)

I love the Primo but if I have another issue with it outside of normal consumables (firebox, grate, gasket...etc) Its outta here and I will look elsewhere for a ceramic kamado.

The lady that answered the phone and the gentleman she transferred me to were both polite and seemed eager to help. I realized that the greeting Identification was not Primo. So I got to thinking about who I had just given my CC Info and Googling and found the link. Matched
So while there is not a firebox in route yet, hopefully there will be in the near future. A new firebox retail with shipping is close to 400$. Its worth the wait for a $50 shipping fee.