THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P

pdxRandy

Was all talked into ordering a box of Buckboard Bacon dry rub salt stuff. Looking that the "what is in this page" I noticed they use "MSG" and I don't do will with the stuff so anyone have a mix that will get me to the same place with out the bad stuff.

Thanks.

I use TQ, granulated garlic & onion, homemeade chipotle powder, red pepper flakes, cracked black pepper and a little brown sugar. has turned out great so far on belly and buckboard bacon.

Just go easy on the TQ or soak in cold water for about 4 hours... I got a little happy with the TQ on the first butt and it while it was still good, it got a bit salty after 2 strips.

Best thing to do is just DO ONE and figure out what you want to change on the 2nd one. U can bet that even if the 1st one isn't perfect, it will be edible and prolly better than any store bought bacon! =)

Tenderquick and brown sugar is the same as the buckboard cure except the buckboard cure has an anti caking agent in it. I am not sure what that is. Do not try a cure with just pepper as mentioned above.

NUTZ

Back