Wangs -N- Thangs--Couple Weeknight Cooks

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Sako
Starting with wings slathered in mayo, s&p, white pepper, paprika and Oakridge HDD

OvqHC9Oh.jpg

On the DCS nekkid

3GgU8mlh.jpg

A little bit before pull

QIC8kmFh.jpg

In the bowl for a toss with butter, TX Pete, Tabasco Sriracha and a couple of Costa Rican hot sauces

J9YfRaRh.jpg

And served

lfXwnJPh.jpg

I swear the gasser makes some of the best wings :clap2:

14hrAReh.jpg

Following night was burgers

Never did flap meat burgers but what the heck. Can't go wrong at $4.99/lb

9VGJcN4h.jpg

Some awesome pieces :nod:

3Ukg9Ygh.jpg

Half course, half fine through the LEM

ipvLLQkh.jpg

Some onion rings first

Bl5q21lh.jpg

S&P

HqcaA1zh.jpg

Looking good

3nIMvBBh.jpg

Toasted brioche buns, homemade mayo, lettuce, tomatoes and mustard

1pqVCUTh.jpg

Patty with a four cheese mix and pickles :clap2::clap2:

sUSPPWbh.jpg

Served with blue cheese

rzIr6DZh.jpg

A little lean but absolutely no complaints from this beefy goodness :thumb:

cIouiKoh.jpg

You know I had to try one as is :becky:

uqbaNvwh.jpg

h93TGQDh.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Yep!! You will have to hope the gyms reopen soon so you can work off those meals you have been eating lately. You are as creative as you are talented. Nice job all around!

Yep!! You will have to hope the gyms reopen soon so you can work off those meals you have been eating lately. You are as creative as you are talented. Nice job all around!

Thanks Ron!

Thankfully I work off the food regardless but the beers? That's a whole another story. :laugh: :thumb:

Nice work, buddy :)

Love flap meat!! I buy pre-marinated grass fed FM from a local Mexican meat market quite often. It’s actually really well marbled. Sooooooo good!

Nice work, buddy :)

Love flap meat!! I buy pre-marinated grass fed FM from a local Mexican meat market quite often. It’s actually really well marbled. Sooooooo good!

Thanks Robb!

I hear you on flap meat. My go to compared to skirt, flank etc. I just found this Mexican meat market that sells all prime beef. Scored a tomahawk and flap yesterday so they're going on the grill today. :clap2: They're stupid marbled.

Meals look great as always.

Question for you guys that are buying flap meat in the Hispanic/Mexican markets. What is the alternative names you see it labeled as for the cut if they do not use flap on the label? Reason I ask is when I have tried to meat shop in our local Hispanic markets I find I have a large language barrier. I do not know if they understand what I'm asking for, but I definitely know I'm not understanding their responses. So it might be helpful for me to know the various names to ask for.

Most of the markets that I have been in do not have a lot of packaged meat. Nost of their display cases huge piles of meat, most already seasoned, which makes identifying a cut of meat that much harder. I can tell the difference between the chicken and beef. It's the red meats that I'm puzzling over.

Thanks,

Robert

Looks good Sako - do tell about the onion rings - I love 'em but hate to stink up the house frying them - never thought about grilling them... TIA.

Thanks Robert!

When buying from Mexican markets (at least here) flap meat is referred to as "Ranchera" A lot times we have the same language barrier here but as soon as I say Ranchera they know. Now, when prepared already they call it "Preparada" So easiest way is ask for it is Ranchera Preparada (already prepared) or you can say Ranchera No Preparada or Sazonada (seasoned)

This is what flap looks like for carne asada

AGa9WJMh.jpg

Prepared they look about like this. A lot of paprika usually so it's red.

fsVy0Lyh.jpg

Meals look great as always.

Question for you guys that are buying flap meat in the Hispanic/Mexican markets. What is the alternative names you see it labeled as for the cut if they do not use flap on the label? Reason I ask is when I have tried to meat shop in our local Hispanic markets I find I have a large language barrier. I do not know if they understand what I'm asking for, but I definitely know I'm not understanding their responses. So it might be helpful for me to know the various names to ask for.

Most of the markets that I have been in do not have a lot of packaged meat. Nost of their display cases huge piles of meat, most already seasoned, which makes identifying a cut of meat that much harder. I can tell the difference between the chicken and beef. It's the red meats that I'm puzzling over.

Thanks,

Robert

Looks good Sako - do tell about the onion rings - I love 'em but hate to stink up the house frying them - never thought about grilling them... TIA.

Thanks Mchar!

This is are by far the best store bought onion rings. All is do is grease up the foil or a tray and lay it on the gasser or the kettle indirect until they get crispy which takes about 15-20 mins. Once they're done I open the lid do my grilling which keeps them warm and serve everything all together.

1269-p_1.jpg

Great cooking as always, Sako!

Gotta say - a week or 2 ago it was onion rings that put me over the edge recently. We were frying every farking thing every farking day and eating like pigs. I remember standing there with a mouth full of onion rings and thinking "I gotta change things up a little!" :shock: The DO full of grease went away (grease was getting old anyway) and started back to working out (...a little...) and eating a little better than before. Had to! That said, don't ask how many pizza nights we had this week. :tape: :oops: & don't get me wrong - I'd be hitting all that right about now!

Nicely done! :clap2:

Back