Contest Announcment Wakefield Rotary Campus Cook Off & State BBQ Championships

i really hope they raise the payouts on this one as we enjoyed the contest, but for the amount of teams that showed up, the payout was terrible. On the bright side if you ever you lose your car keys at this event, they are very good at trying to get ahold of you.

They were going to raise the payouts this year, but with the lower team turnout it's going to stay at the same levels as last year. Sort of a catch-22 I guess.

............and its just 4 meats, no alternate, PC or NEBS stuff?

I called the number and left a vm, let's see what happens now.......

............and its just 4 meats, no alternate, PC or NEBS stuff?

I called the number and left a vm, let's see what happens now.......

I heard that they are doing Chili for People's Choice, and no grilling because NEBS wouldn't sanction it. Both of these things I heard second hand, so I could be completely full of crap. More than usual, I mean. :becky:

I heard that they are doing Chili for People's Choice, and no grilling because NEBS wouldn't sanction it. Both of these things I heard second hand, so I could be completely full of crap. More than usual, I mean. :becky:

Won't sanction? Because the pig out is the same weekend?

Anytime there is a NEBS(grilling) contest associated with a KCBS contest, They are both sanctioned by KBCS, they only use the rules from NEBS(we have nothing to do with sanctioning at that point), Everything else is provided for by KCBS: Sactioning, software, reps, judging plates etc...the reason why there is no NEBS(grilling) contest is they didn't have their categories or cooks packet complete in time for review. They are going to try to have a NEBS event for next year!!!

Back