THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DubfromGA

is Blowin Smoke!
This week I made two pit stops on the way home from work to a shop that sells BGE's and a nice selection of rubs.

First stop I grabbed these.

Second stop I picked up the Killer Hogs AP. I used 1/4 cup AP with 1 tbsp Chinese Five Spice and it made for a really nice flavored wing seasoning.

While the coals were lighting I sliced some boneless chicken breast and hit them with the AP/5spice rub for a pan of stir fry.

The Jah Love had been mixed with peanut oil as per instructions on package....and the wings were slathered with it and had 36 hrs to soak in the fridge.

The Wicked Que rub went on at the same time.

Yesterday afternoon I bought another pack of wings and hit 'em with the AP/5spice rub just before going on the grill.

The Jah Love was good, but just what I was hoping for. I prefer making jerk seasoning fresh and letting the bird soak in it. That being said, it was a good flavored rub and shouldn't be expected to trump freshly made jerk seasoning.

The Wicked Que Orange Habanero was interesting for certain. Flavor was good. Good on the wings and had a bit of different zing to it that was good.

I didn't sauce either of those two.

The AP/5spice wings were sauced with some General Tso's sauce and were delicious. I grabbed one off the grill and tried it prior to the saucing and really liked it. I can easily see them being good with a wide range of sauces. Make sense as the AP is mainly salt, garlic powder and black pepper.....what isn't good with that ? :thumb:

Great flavors on something that was very easy to cook. Wings are a basic staple around my house. My family loves 'em.

Ha ha ha, I was just wondering how those would go with my coffee. Probably not so well, but it would give me a good reason to pop a cold one at 7am :biggrin1:

LMAO.

I'm having coffee now, too.

I reached into the fridge to grab the creamer and spotted a lone cold tall-boy sitting there. Gonna enjoy that and a reinforcement or three while I grill some gameday eats later on. :thumb:

Just not sure what they will be.

Those wings look really good I been thinking about getting a vortex I see you use yours slot I'm waiting until Nov 15 to hopefully get a new Weber red master touch my kettle is 18 years old still in good shape but I'm going to retire her

Just finished my second cup of coffee and I see this post. Now I’m wanting some wings for breakfast. Definitely need to order a vortex for my newly acquired Weber.

Thanks Dub.

Last edited:
great-funny-bar-signs-2.jpg

Dub when those wings gonna be done :hungry: :razz:

if you mow counter clockwise in less than an acre you have gained 2 hours making 10 actually 12, which means you should of started drinking 2 hrs earlier.

If you cant dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with B.S.

only need to stay a couple steps ahead :) duck first, plot trajectory later

Larry

Back