Votes for KCBS BOD

What about the following:
KCBS use X number of sanctioning dollars and/or other income and allow members to claim a percentage discount on their membership based on the number of contest they cook.
1 = 10%
2 = 20%
etc.
10 = 100% discount on membership.
The same could be used for judges with an "aw sh#t" for a suppose to and didn't without notification wiping out the "att-a-boys"

What about the following:
KCBS use X number of sanctioning dollars and/or other income and allow members to claim a percentage discount on their membership based on the number of contest they cook.
1 = 10%
2 = 20%
etc.
10 = 100% discount on membership.
The same could be used for judges with an "aw sh#t" for a suppose to and didn't without notification wiping out the "att-a-boys"

The issues from data input error, members choosing to save $3.50 at a pop instead of paying $35, etc. would probably eclipse any potential revenue boost and more than likely drive it into the red when the hours dealing with it were totalled up.

I like the thinking, but at first glance I don't see it increasing membership and I actually think it could lead to a decline. If you disagree, I'm open to further discussion.

The idea is to incentivize the cooks to join by offering a discount based on the number of contest they compete in any given year.
In addition, the judges would be encouraged to continue the membership that was required initially when trained.
The real key is, to receive these discounts, you must be a member.
We currently track team of the year on member name/number so the software is, or should be, in place. If it is not, then the current BOD is remiss in spending money on international teams. I wonder how many members of the BOD have ever been outside of, much less worked outside of, the US and understand that, in a hugh portion of the world, cooking the amount of meat we do is beyond the imagination, much less the availability or resources. How can the instructor teach the forbidden Kale, red tip, etc., if it is not available in the local market. Cooking Pork or Beef in some parts of the world will get you killed, not to mention the adult beverage consumption will get you lashes and jail time.
I’m close to 70, and I can write the software necessary to track the team number and discount based on the reps entering the member number on their “NEW” package and integrate it into the office system. If a cook does not supply the number, then no discount for that contest.
The percentages were just a wag and it is not about the amount, but the idea. Hell, run a contest for who gets the greatest discount or some such nonsense. I don’t know, or pretend to know, what motivates the younger generation but, do something to encourage participation.

Back