***VOTE - BBQ Brethren "Treats for Santa" Throwdown - VOTE***

Who should win the BBQ Brethren "Treats for Santa" Throwdown?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
But,.... But,.... Crispy used all 3 dimensions and,... and olives. And 3, count them, 3 balls of various sizes: a level of structure and engineering not even considered in a Meekie with glaucoma.

I know. I'm sympathetic. There was a part of me that felt that you had the technically superior entry. But, that fact was just not enough to overcome being second. :p Not that my vote counts for much, I see you already have twice as many as zydecopaws.

Hmmmmmmm...Alan and Gore. Did y'all notice that the ENTIRE Team Husbands has voted for the Team Wives entry? What are we saying here?:shock:

Is anyone surprised? I'm sure it's not the first time. I actually thought I had a chance at a zero with all the yummy entries. I mean it tastes great and all, but really, it's fish.

Are there team rosters posted somewhere? :p

It's pretty informal. The only husbands-wives who both enter regularly (at least that we know of) are Gore-ecode, Guerry-Redhot, and Alan-Amber. Since the three above pairs enter fairly regularly, we include them whether they've entered or not. If a husband and wife each enter a throwdown (and we know it), we'll include them on the teams, of course. The scoring is inconsequential actually, since Team Husbands has never won. So get your spouses an account and have them join in the fun. I enjoy this aspect as much as the Throwdowns.

The scoring is inconsequential actually, since Team Husbands has never won. So get your spouses an account and have them join in the fun. I enjoy this aspect as much as the Throwdowns.

We enjoy this too actually! But we haven't thought much about the upcoming New Year's TD (other than deguerre wondering where to get a pig head to touch for good luck) because New Year's Eve is our wedding anniversary!:becky:

We enjoy this too actually! But we haven't thought much about the upcoming New Year's TD (other than deguerre wondering where to get a pig head to touch for good luck) because New Year's Eve is our wedding anniversary!:becky:

Now there's a complete waste of my 10 foot pole.:-D

Really, though, congratulations.

The BBQQB

I know. I'm sympathetic. There was a part of me that felt that you had the technically superior entry. But, that fact was just not enough to overcome being second. :p Not that my vote counts for much, I see you already have twice as many as zydecopaws.

I see your point, your vote is cast. Stone, as it were.

But don't lament your votes power 'cause it counts a great deal, it's the one that bumped zydeco from the Zero Club.

I have already declared my entry, the funnest one of the year at our household.

Crispy the MOINKman may make visits throughout the coming year!

The BBQQB

I agree with Gore just cooking together makes it worth doing regardless of the vote.
Guerry I had to go with that toffee I have tasted it and all Ican say is WOW......

Easily the best toffee I ever tasted.:nod: And I have tasted a lot of toffee. Toffee is my favorite candy outside of chocolate, and since toffee and chocolate go together, well, it's a perfect match and when I get good candy from places, I usually judge them by their toffee. Why did I vote for bacon-wrapped burnt ends?:doh: Oh wait...

I had to go with ecode on this one. That toffee was addictive (thanks so much for sending guerry some!) and those drumsticks look so cool. Ecode comes up with so many creative ideas and pulls them off like a pro!:thumb:

Easily the best toffee I ever tasted.:nod: And I have tasted a lot of toffee. Toffee is my favorite candy outside of chocolate, and since toffee and chocolate go together, well, it's a perfect match and when I get good candy from places, I usually judge them by their toffee. Why did I vote for bacon-wrapped burnt ends?:doh: Oh wait...

I vote for the FIFTH of that lowland single malt. Also, if that toffee is anything near as good as what we received as a surprise then I have no choice but to vote for it.

I agree with Gore just cooking together makes it worth doing regardless of the vote.
Guerry I had to go with that toffee I have tasted it and all Ican say is WOW......

I had to go with ecode on this one. That toffee was addictive (thanks so much for sending guerry some!) and those drumsticks look so cool. Ecode comes up with so many creative ideas and pulls them off like a pro!:thumb:

For those of you left scratching your heads, ecode and I thought it would be nice to send a couple items to Chris and the other members of the husbands-wives teams. I personally hoped that the husbands might take the items and use them to their advantage in future throwdowns, possibly getting us our first win. Ecode thought it also would be nice to send them a few little treats she made -- she's been baking non-stop since a couple weeks before Thanksgiving and I thought it would be great to unload a few calories on others. I never dreamed that she was actually using this to her advantage in this throwdown. :doh: So, if some of you get your spouses signed up and playing, I still have a supply of REALLY GOOD smoked salmon. :thumb:

Hey Gore, I'll take some of that smoked salmon of yours any day! It looked fabulous but I figured Santa would want ecode's treats a bit more and he probably didn't have room in his tummy after eating hers...so he didn't touch your salmon huh? His loss I say. He should've woofed down your salmon with some of that single malt then hit the sweets!

OK......
So I was split between ecode, BBQ QB and N8MAN. Not only does the food look good, but for me (at least this time) it was all in the presentation!

N8 had me laughing my A$$ off with the "suicidal meatball".:becky:
BBQ QB had me ROLLING with "Crispy the MOINKman".:laugh:
But.....ecode with the toffee and his undisputable logic regarding Santa and sweets? C'mon.....YOU KIDDING ME??? PLUS.....he had HARD EVIDENCE that the fat man dug the caramel cookies!!!!

ECODE locked this one up for me.

Nice entries all!
Merry belated Christmas!!!

RutRoh....Looks like crunch time.
I need some Sympathy Votes....

Please don't let this become a meaningless loss of
a young MeatBaller that was destined to become
a Treat for Jolly St.Nick but was cut down in the prime.....
Christmas_Meatball_Suicide1.jpg

Help to Cherish It's Memory By Voting.....Thank You....

Hmmm... What a choice. Lots of great entries (especially mine :becky:). So far it looks like it's coming down to N8's Balls or ecode's sweet treats! :shock:

N8man, I think Santa would be happy with meatballs and cookies. I'm happy with a tie if you are and can send you some toffee to seal the deal if you PM me your address. :wink:

I think that's a wonderful suggestion and am humbled
and honored to share the Throwdown with you.:thumb:

N8man, I think Santa would be happy with meatballs and cookies. I'm happy with a tie if you are and can send you some toffee to seal the deal if you PM me your address. :wink:

Okay, okay....Now that the voting has concluded. I must call foul with the shipment of assorted candy treats to various voting members.... How can a modest Crispy the MOINKman be expected to keep up with such behind the scenes tomfoolery.

Crispy, however, agrees with the conclusions of the esteemed panel, but wishes for a little treat shipped to his doorstep for once. Maybe through the Island of misfit drumstick shaped candies.

Congrats N8 & Ecode.

The BBQQB

Okay, okay....Now that the voting has concluded. I must call foul with the shipment of assorted candy treats to various voting members.... How can a modest Crispy the MOINKman be expected to keep up with such behind the scenes tomfoolery.

Crispy, however, agrees with the conclusions of the esteemed panel, but wishes for a little treat shipped to his doorstep for once. Maybe through the Island of misfit drumstick shaped candies.

Congrats N8 & Ecode.

The BBQQB

I completely agree with you on all counts! The goodies went out to members of Team Husbands/Wives, a bit of comradery. Get your spouse signed up and you could be lined up for your own mailing. How was I to know it would be used to my detriment though. :mad: I mean, if there's going to be any tomfoolery, it should be done to MY advantage. Next year, I'll have to send out some salmon. :thumb:

And don't get any ideas about those drumsticks. I love that toffee, but I could eat those drumsticks all day.

Back