***VOTE- BBQ Brethren "This is Who I Am" Throwdown -VOTE***

Who should win the BBQ Brethren "This is Who I Am" Throwdown?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was completely voting for Smokin Aussie...until I spotted that dragon fruit. I have an admitted weakness for dragon fruit. I've been known to switch hotels in Asia if I knew that DF would appear at breakfast. How on earth did you find that in Tahoe??

I have an admitted weakness for dragon fruit. I've been known to switch hotels in Asia if I knew that DF would appear at breakfast. How on earth did you find that in Tahoe??

I'm with you on the hotels with good fruit. I lived in Mumbai two years back and kicked off my stay in the Taj Hotel for a month before moving into an apartment. I was a fixture at the fruit and juice bar each morning and never ceased to be amazed at the abundance of unidentifiable fruit. I'm still searching for the names of a couple of them.

I split time between Tahoe and San Francisco. I got this at my favorite Asian Market out in the Inner Richmond district of San Francisco. They have all the exotics fruits you can imagine-African Cucumber, yangmei, Jackfruit, akee, rambutan, passion fruit, longan, lychee, mangosteen, and the packed subway favorite-Durian.

I always find Asian markets a great place to explore, you never know what you will find that is new to me or interesting. We are currently in London Ontario Canada visiting relatives and I'm trying to find some Walleye which is not available where I live. Wish me luck! Is there ever going to be a fish throw-down?
Oh bother! I see there is one in progress as we speak.

Last edited:
Gheesh, you guys, that's not very nice. I've already got 3 more votes than what I was expecting, maybe it's not too late to go for the win .... :crazy:

Gheesh, you guys, that's not very nice. I've already got 3 more votes than what I was expecting, maybe it's not too late to go for the win .... :crazy:
Wasn't there a minor debate on folks deliberately trying for a zero just to join the club? Granted, I almost voted for the dragon fruit based on merit alone as I would very much like to try it but went for the slab o pork instead.

A few of the entries nearly got my vote, but ultimately the finishing touch of a glass of home-brewed beer won me over.

Same here! While all of the entries looked great, and I am intrigued by the slab as curing meat is something I've been interested in trying for awhile, the homebrew accompanying the delicious looking burgers got my vote.

As an avid homebrewer and beer judge I know that many homebrewers get really into their hobby. Seeing that homebrew fits the category perfectly in my mind. (Plus I've seen one too many cans of crappy MGD, Bud, etc in otherwise delicious looking bbq pron pictures lately. It's a real appetite turn off!)

Back