***VOTE - BBQ Brethren "Local Yokels" Throwdown - VOTE***

Who should be declared the winner of the BBQ Brethren "Local Yokels" Throwdown?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You have a good eye Gore... There is no poison ivy in the salad. :tsk:

However, if you look closely you will notice finely chopped
poison-ivy.jpg

sprinkled on the salmon and the sauce. :hungry:

Oh great, I just hit that Salmon. Now I have to call my doctor to see if I can get some prednisone. :tsk:

Wow guys, thanks for the seven votes. I've barely gotten one so its a big step up. :-D

I forgot who I voted for but the entire field looks very tasty.

This was really a tough call... All the entries were great! :clap:

In the end, I had to go with what I thought best fit the theme and that was Bluey. Homegrown maters, mangos and greens (not to mention the mango sauce) knocked it out of the park for me. :mrgreen:

oh snap. i want that salmon. i cant stand fish but that actually looks good. i might like fish if you cook it for me Al. Or at least teach me how to cook it like that PLEASE PLEASE

tahnks

I think it should be the Highland Grillers from Hulland. I think they are the best ever !

I was torn. Mongo's is, of course tremendous and his votes show for that. Bluetang almost had me just for the wonderful color of the presentation. Beautiful.

I'm just a huge fan of ribs though. And twinsfan's looked really good. And that is coming from a Royals fan. :grin:

oh snap. i want that salmon. i cant stand fish but that actually looks good. i might like fish if you cook it for me Al. Or at least teach me how to cook it like that PLEASE PLEASE

I'll make you a deal... I'll cook salmon for you next time you are in my area, or next time I'm in your area. :mrgreen:

In the meantime, it's really simple. Just season the steaks up with your favorite combo of spices. For these babies, I used lemon herb, garlic, Old Bay, a little crab boil and black pepper. Get your grill of choice up nice and hot (say 500 F). Coat both sides of the steaks with oil and put them on the grill over indirect heat. Depending on how thick the steaks are, let them go 3-5 minutes per side with the lid down. As long as the grates are hot enough, and you have enough oil on the fish they shouldn't stick (too bad :tsk:). You can also use a fish basket if you have one. Take them off when the fish flakes easily and DON'T overcook. Lately I've been using my Thermopen and pulling them off when they hit about 140. Let them sit for 5-10 minutes and then dive in. :hungry:

Hope this helps... :becky:

I thought with Kathy pulling for me, I'd get more votes...oh well. I still have a few hours - maybe a come from behind!! I had to go for knucklhed's breakfast. Something different and it looked/sounded very good.

I really wanted to try LT's grape pizza, outnumbered's beef sammich looked very enticing, Al's plating was all purdy... Kathy had a killer local flav going on, but it was Campdude's sammich that locked me in from the very start... Nice work everyone!

Back