***VOTE - BBQ Brethren "Fowl" Throwdown - VOTE***

Who should win the BBQ Brethren "Fowl" Throwdown?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
It is time to decide the winner of the [size=+2]"Fowl"[/size] Throwdown!

The winner will be announced after the poll closes on Saturday 3/27.

Click Here to go to the Throwdown thread for more pics/info on the entries.

[size=+2]Alan in Ga[/size]
Alan_in_Ga.jpg

[size=+2]bigabyte[/size]
bigabyte.jpg

[size=+2]BlkJeep[/size]
BlkJeep.jpg

[size=+2]CajunSmoker[/size]
CajunSmoker.jpg

[size=+2]Chef Jim[/size]
Chef_Jim.jpg

[size=+2]Grillman[/size]
Grillman.jpg

[size=+2]jagardn[/size]
jagardn.jpg

[size=+2]LT72884[/size]
LT72884.jpg

[size=+2]Meat Burner[/size]
Meat_Burner.jpg

[size=+2]{Midnight Smoke}[/size]
Midnight_Smoke.jpg

[size=+2]PatioDaddio[/size]
PatioDaddio.jpg

[size=+2]Rick's Tropical Delight[/size]
Ricks_Tropical_Delight.jpg

[size=+2]Ron L[/size]
Ron_L.jpg

[size=+2]SmokinAussie[/size]
SmokinAussie.jpg

[size=+2]The BBQ QB[/size]
The_BBQ_QB.jpg

[size=+2]The Pickled Pig[/size]
The_Pickled_Pig.jpg

[size=+2]thirdeye[/size]
thirdeye.jpg

I was real tempted with Wayne's Chicken Leg Crown, but had to go with Grillman. The maters and cottage cheese are perfect compliments to grilled chicken, and would have been the plate I picked up off of a table.

Grillman & jagardn jumped out of the screen at me.

In the end, jagardn, by a parmesan shaving for me.

Mike D

I voted differently this time. I had to much trouble deciding on the best looking dish, and was basically trying to determine which side looked better to get the vote. Then I said to myself, "Self, this isn't a side throwdown", so I went back on only looked at the meat and wound up with an entirely different choice!

Please note, I am not trying to influence how people vote, please vote your way how you see fit, this is just what I did today since the only other option was to pick the best looking side.

I had to go with jagardan or how ever you spell it....Man was that a hard pick tho...there were some great ones....hats off to all that were part of this.:clap2:

I had to go with jagardan or how ever you spell it....Man was that a hard pick tho...there were some great ones....hats off to all that were part of this.:clap2:

A lot of great entries..tough pick but I had to go with Jagardan.
Loved the tomato roses on Pickled Pig.:cool:

Based on...

Photo: I think that Grillman's pic of his turkey breast dinner is awesome.

Recipe/technique: CajunSmoker. The pic isn't as good as some of the others but I would kill for that apple smoked Mallard with the Zinfandel-blackberry reduction. My vote goes to him. Nice work!

I was going to prepare chicken with Moose's rubs just like Grillman did :rolleyes: but
mine apparently were sent by pony express and haven't shown up yet. There
are a LOT of good plates here, but I always give a couple extra points for
those brave enough to slice it open and show us how well it was done. Grillman
cooked that just like Master would have.

Thirdeyes looks good :-D, and Ron L's looks healthy :rolleyes:, but the Grillmans just looks sooooo tender and tastey :clap: MMMMMM......mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

There were a lot of good looking plates there. Kudos to all.

I had to look at the pics several times to decide and this time I did not read the comments until after I voted. It wasn't easy.

In the end I went with the napkin method. I wrote the name of each entry on a paper napkin and then I set the napkin on my keyboard while viewing the corresponding photo for five minutes. In the end there was one napkin who's ink ran so badly I couldn't read the name — a quick process of elimination then determined my vote.

In the end I went with the napkin method. I wrote the name of each entry on a paper napkin and then I set the napkin on my keyboard while viewing the corresponding photo for five minutes. In the end there was one napkin who's ink ran so badly I couldn't read the name — a quick process of elimination then determined my vote.

Wow, now why didn't I think of that?

Well, Grillman has snaffled this one!

Congratulations! That's the most succulent looking turkey I've ever seen!

Cheers!

BIll

Back