***Vote - BBQ Brethren "EGGPLANT AND/OR TOFU!" Throwdown!- VOTE***

Vote for the winner of the BBQ Brethren "EGGPLANT AND/OR TOFU!" Throwdown!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am having a hard time here! Everything is disguised as something I would like to eat. If I hold my nose while I look at the cook threads I can still taste the vision.:sad:

Congrats Ron_L! Well, hello Zero Club....Looks like I am the sole owner of the slice of eggplant looking zero...out-cooked and out-photo'd....Nice job all!...should have included the tofutti ABT I considered making...

Congrats Ron_L! Well, hello Zero Club....Looks like I am the sole owner of the slice of eggplant looking zero...out-cooked and out-photo'd....Nice job all!...should have included the tofutti ABT I considered making...

It was a good cook, don't let the zero fool you. We only get to vote for one so the tally doesn't reflect how we feel about the other dishes. I asked a question about what I thought was polenta in your entry and haven't checked for the answer....... better go check now. :bolt:

jmellor -- when I looked at your cook thread again I noticed something new, is that a grilled polenta circle? Did you make that from scratch? I LOVE grilled polenta, love, love, love it, but I've only done it from cutting slices of the premade tube sold in grocery stores. Tried to make it fit to grill from scratch and failed miserably. Any pointers? Thanks.

Ah, here it is in the vote thread, not the entry thread.

Ah, here it is in the vote thread, not the entry thread.

Thanks Kathy. Must have missed it. My wife has been on a health kick recently and I have had to up my BBQ game. I have been experimenting with polenta on the smoker. Not home made yet until I get it right...Just a Trader Joe's log.

Rubbed it down with SM spicy apple and let it sit in the fridge for a couple hours. Slice into rounds and put on the smoker for a couple hours with a slight glaze of sauce on it. Turns out decent and she likes it quite a bit. Next time I want to try mashing it up and letting the smoke/sauce really get into it. I posted a thread on smoking it but seems like everyone grills it. Will continue to experiment with it and post the results....

Yay, thanks ^. I would love to hear more about your smoking polenta, I'll look for your thread. If your experimentation ever gets to making polenta that holds together on a grill I would LOVE to hear about that, too. Thanks for the breakdown of what you did in your entry, it looks really tasty and I just happen to have some SM Spicy Apple making its way to our place. Smoking polenta is a good idea, never thought of that and I'll give it a try now that you mention it. One of the things I love about BBQ is that it can be made into really healthy food with a lot of flavour.

Please accept this timely Dilly Bar...

Dilly-Bar.jpg

:becky:

Back