***VOTE - BBQ Brethren "Apple" Throwdown - VOTE***

Who should win the BBQ Brethren "Apple" Throwdown?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm having fun, Sir! Fun, fun, fun! Yes! Sir! Fun!
salute.gif

:becky:

Now Chris, that is farking hilarious. My lovely bride and I got a really great laugh with that. Thanks bro!!!!!!!!!
To all who are wondering how that Puppy photo got up there...let me explain something.

In the past, I have posted pictures in the vote thread that were jokes. For example, a few months back I DQ'ed an entry that Gore posted. In the vote thread, I posted a picture of the Dairy Queen DQ logo for Gore as is entry in the Vote thread. However, there was no option to actually vote for Gore in the poll.

That is how this one was supposed to be for Meat Burner; a funny picture but no option to vote for it. However, I screwed up by accidentally putting in the option to vote for Meat Burner!:shock::shock::shock: That is my fault, and I did not even realize it until today when Redhot made her comment about it receiving votes!:shock::shock::shock:

Now, Meat Burner did not submit that photo. I made it for him. I saw his post describing the pie, and his comments about not being able to get the picture uploaded. So I had a little fun by making that picture and putting it in the VOTE thread.

Now, I am not going to apologize for trying to keep these Throwdowns light-hearted and fun. I do that on purpose so we do not take ourselves too dang seriously. However, there is still a certain amount of integrity that is still needed in order to keep these things REAL. Since I screwed up and left in the poll option for Meat Burner, people can now vote for him, which is not what I wanted.

So in case anyone else wants to vote for Meat Burner, feel free. But please know that you are wasting your vote by voting for it. That entry will not be allowed to be the winner. If you were one of the people who unfortunately already voted for it, there is nothing I can do about it, your vote is stuck there.

I wanted to clear the air about that because it caused some members to think the Throwdowns are just a joke. They are fun, we do joke around, but a "joke" entry, that does not even meet the entry criteria is not going to win, ever.

OK I usually read how everything came together and how it was done but I've been a little pressed for time these days and all I had time to
do was look at the petty pictures and now all I want to do is eat what ever it was that Guerry made. It looks fantastic!

Chris, if you're not having fun, then you can just go to the Penalty Box. :becky:

The rest of us are having a blast. Not only is this a great party, with lots of good food to eat, we've even got a cute puppy to play with. :rockon:

Chris, if you're not having fun, then you can just go to the Penalty Box. :becky:

The rest of us are having a blast. Not only is this a great party, with lots of good food to eat, we've even got a cute puppy to play with. :rockon:

I'd rather have a cute pu...

I know... Penalty box... On my way, Sir!

Have you tried puppy? Very fragrant.

Also, I have been steadfastly trying to ruin DeGuerre's fun around here since I realized he was her. I mean here. Or do I?
I've left your position open if you still want it Bob.:becky::thumb:

ok i usually read how everything came together and how it was done but i've been a little pressed for time these days and all i had time to
do was look at the petty pictures and now all i want to do is eat what ever it was that guerry made. It looks fantastic!

Oh my. Thanks!

OK I usually read how everything came together and how it was done but I've been a little pressed for time these days and all I had time to
do was look at the petty pictures and now all I want to do is eat what ever it was that Guerry made. It looks fantastic!

And it was soooo good! I was a little...hmmm, let's just say I don't like saurkraut but the way he pulled it all together was just absolutely fantastic! I'll even ask him to make it again. :clap2:

I realized I had to decide today. This was one of the toughest votes ever for me and almost all my finalists had zeros! I hope I can welcome you in the zero club next week. Every time I pulled up the pics though, I seemed to linger most on Ron's succulent pork with apples. It is a very understated pic, but it looks beautifully prepared.

I can't believe I got a ZERO!!!! I'm not mad, angry or upset, just in a state of shock! I thought for sure I had a winner on my hands! I thought that lens flare was sure to put me over the top! Well, I guess I'm off to join the honorable group of Zeros...

Only 47 votes! And look at all of those zeros. I knew I should've entered. :mad2:

Back