Visited a new bbq joint yesterday.

Mo-Dave

Quintessential Chatty Farker
I talked about a new bbq joint in another thread awhile back, I got to go there yesterday, got what they called a triple decker on Texas toast with chopped pork and chopped brisket, also had slaw and bbq baked beans on it. It would not be fair to judge this place until I have tried more of the food, because it was very late before I got to eat it, and because it was all mixed up I could not judge the quality of the sandwich so I now have a good reason to go back for more.:rolleyes: The sauce was very thin but not like a Carolina vinegar with no heat, but it was ok,just not the style I prefer. But the point of my post is to tell you about the fries I smoked later that day on my pellet smoker, which was the star of the show. First I have done this before but this was different. I had some seasoned steak fries, placed them in the pellet cooker at about 400 for about 20 minutes. These fries were fantastic and highly recommend anyone that has not done it to give them a try, they developed a very good smoke flavor, even though I have not tried the Lumber Jack pellets yet. The last time I did fries like this they were just regular fries and I remember them being very good but the seasoned one where much better. The bbq joint I mentioned have a smoked potato I think she said they were like small Yukon gold which I will have to try to see how they compare, but It will be hard to beat the seasoned fried I did yesterday.
Dave

Last edited:
Back