Vintage Knife- Grilled Cheese

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
My Vintage Chicago Cutlery Bread Knife is an old friend. 9/10 times I open the knife drawer and it gets shoved aside. Like waving at an old friend across the street while avoiding eye contact so the conversation goes no further than a furtive glance. Occasionally though you can’t avoid catching up. Brought her out, removed a water spot admired the scallop edge and sliced some fresh Italian Bread. I’m not going to call this a Cubanos. Last time I did that I was admonished by those more culinary talented than me. But hell, that’s pretty much everyone. Blackstone, buttered bread,smoked pulled pork, ham, pickles, onion, Swiss, Gouda, Coleman, Duke’s. Flattened grilled till melted.
Was grand to use the old Chicago Cutlery Knife. It deserves more at bats.

Last edited:
Go ahead and call it a Cuban if you want. People in Tampa think it should have salami on it anyway just because they did that first.

Looks like a big sandwich, should keep you fuel up for a while

Looks great like to have 1 for breakfast, I wasn't hungry until this post lol, I have a set of knifes by Chicago , very sharp but the handles on the steak knifes are weak, will be trying to craft handles out of deer antlers this winter

Adams, There are several variations on the "Cuban", and I would say that yours sits right up there along all of them!! Excellent!! The "Purist" never understands the depth or creativity of MSU!

Back