THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hurricanedavid

is one Smokin' Farker
I set up the Stumps Baby about 6pm on Saturday to cook two 8lb pork shoulders and two Picnic hams. I rubbed each with Pork Butt seasoning, set the pit temperature at 230F, used Red Oak Lump for fuel and hickory for smoke. I put them on the smoker at 8pm and they were finished on Sunday 7AM.

Directly afterwards, around 8AM I loaded the Stumps with 6 racks of St. Louis and Ribs seasoned with Killer Hog-Hot and 6 Pepper Seasoning. The cook temperature was 230F and again hickory was the smoke of choice. The ribs came off the smoker around 12:30PM.

Last, I cooked a whole Pork Loin seasoned with Blues Hog Seasoning. The cook started 2:00PM, the cook temperature was 240F, the smoke was a blend of hickory and apple wood, and the target temperature was 135F. It finished up around 3:30PM.

The pork Shoulders were made into pulled pork using a tomato base sauce and the Picnic hams were made into pulled pork using a mustard base sauce. The ribs were slathered with Sweet Baby Rays sauce.

I finished cleaning up around 7PM. Few will do the work but all will show up with an empty food dish. Definitely a labor of love.

Following are a couple pictures of my efforts.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I have coronary heart disease and will only sample most finished goods to assure a good taste profile. If the meats name ends in "loin" then I can have a modest helping. Otherwise, I enjoy the process and feeding my friends, family, and neighbors.

After feeding family and neighbors, I took the remaining (still 3/4 of produce) to work where it was immediately devoured. So, no freezer needed.

If it goes fast I'm not tempted to eat it myself!

Back