Versus $100,000 BBQ contest Series

I thought the judges themselves were entertaining. Kinda like a Hollywood squares type of thing. It's just appeared to me that the guys were giving better scores to the ladies when they knew which dish was hers. Excepth the lobster of course. No way they could justify that.

I liked the show and I was rooting for Ray. I just didn't get the feeling that the guys took the judging as seriously. Flirt and crack jokes before and after the judging. Be professional during it.

Just my 2 cents...

I agree Mista... Aside from the format that seemed too fast paced the judging just seemed off. not only in accuracy and critique, but quality and appeal wise.... I thought I was being overly critical but my wife thought the same thing and she could care less. I told two co-workers to watch it, and they provided similar feedback.

I can only imagine that Daryl Dawkins was either owed a favor by someone in the TV business, works really cheap or happened to be in Reno gambling when they chose him... I wonder what celebrities they actually rejected to get this bunch and said "yeah, these guys are good". I though the gourmet chef was mediocre at best but the throwing of the lobster was dumb... Whomever Megan Price was, the middle judge was the best of the bunch in my opinion.

Question - I must of missed the scoring system.. What was the top possible score for each category per judge - 90 or 100 ??

.... my reaction as well. Male judges did not execute well, especially M. Richard who is certainly capable, but chose to act out instead of firmly establishing his credentials. D. Dawkins is a weak 'third' when he could have shown some credible ability to judge BBQ! Oh well ...... Hollywood stinks again!

Its kinda different when the French Judge is the likable one
I had customers watch it They were very impressed when I said I had met Ray wink Overall a good show.

Although the judges put me off once or twice, I liked the show. Even better, my wife really liked the show, and it is rare that we have a show that we can watch together! :) Anyway, congrats Ray, and keep it up.

I finally got to see the show last nite. Overall It was pretty good. I agree with the sentiment that the guys judging were too busy talking about the girls Butts than they were judging. The actress was about the only one there that came close to truly judging. All in all, I thought it was pretty good.
I was watching the show last night and was thinking that I would like to see a contest that pitted people from across the country in BBQing. We have so many Big Names that live all across the country, why not have a regional type cookoff. Have people there represent the different states. You could actually even get a group together to represent. Say for instance A Florida team with teams from California, Texas, N.Carolina, S.Carolina, Virginia, Wisconsin, Missouri, etc. Have them all compete and widdle teh group down as the shows go on. It would make for a longer season run and spark alot of debate on who's is better. It might be something that would really get people talking about BBQ more and turn the competition into a much more recognized sport. I don't know if that would be a good thing or not. Not really sure if I'd like to see BBQ go NASCAR on us. Yea, the stakes would be alot higher, but, would it really be a good thing for the little guy who just likes to go a compete for fun?

Q_Egg said:
.... my reaction as well. Male judges did not execute well, especially M. Richard who is certainly capable, but chose to act out instead of firmly establishing his credentials. D. Dawkins is a weak 'third' when he could have shown some credible ability to judge BBQ! Oh well ...... Hollywood stinks again!

50 - taste
30 - tenderness
20 - appearance

Back