THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Headgear

Full Fledged Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
David
I am smoking a couple of racks of St Louis cuts and would like opinions on my approach. I am getting nice clean smoke when I open the FB intake vent roughly 1/3 of the way. I have the baffle between the cook chamber and the warmer and between the FB and the warmer all the way open. I also have the intake and the chimney vent of the warmer all of the way open, as you can see in the picture. I then close the cook chamber chimney most of the way. This is the only way that I have found to have good control of both blue smoke and the temp I want. Usually 250 to 275. I do let it burn a little rich during the start of the cook for a little better smoke flavor, but move the vents and baffles to these positions for a cleaner cook the rest of the way.

I am just wondering if I am not wasting wood and there may be another way to keep it burn clean. Any ideas? 1000001845.jpg

Back