Veggies in Smoker

You can roast them like in an oven, but I'd go light on the smoke and use high heat. Personally I find direct grilling and a marinade is best.

Get any veggies you want,make sure you cook/smoke the harder vegetables Phirst cause they take longer to get done...once done sprinkle it with salt,pepper,vinigraitte/veggie sauce.
If you Pheel really creative throw some smoked nuts on there.

Sliced potatoes, onions, peppers, zucchini, apples, carrots all mixed together in a pan with heavy olive oil, thyme, rosemary, garlic, paprika, S&P and SM Season All. Cook it till potatoes are tender.

Mix with a little olive oil and seasonings and grill in a basket. I get plenty of flavor that way. I also use lump.

I usually cook veggies (zucchini with onions and tomato or asparagus with pea pods or bok choy with onions and peppers) in a cast iron pan on the grill.

The only "vegetable" I smoke are sweet potatoes and squash. Good stuff Maynard.

thanks for all the input keep it coming.. I generally do veggies on the grill but got to thinking, hhhmmmmmm smoker

Last cook I did, I threw some veggies on towards the end and bumped my heat up to 350. Turned out pretty good with a little bit of oil and seasoning.

Get after it.... They all cook well on grills/smokers..... Some naturally take longer than others, so adjust cooking times, etc..... If you are trying to get a bunch of different veggies at the same time, I would suggest maybe pre cooking some of the ones that typically take longer before you put them all in together.... Oil & seasonings as mentioned IMO & personally I like a hotter cook/grill more than a slower "smoke" on veggies.... Just me

I prefer to grill veggies, rather than smoke them. They cook pretty fast. That doesn't mean you can't taste any smoked flavor.

Veggies are flavor sponges. You can get a lot of wood fired flavor into them in a short cook, and the hot wood fire makes the sugars in the veggies intensify.

Grilled veggies rock. I think they do best with hot and fast, myself. Others may have alternate ideas. These were eaten in minutes. Fresh vegetables cooked over a fire are as good of a meal as you can get.

picture.php

CD

Back